Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Doing my fourth Hackintosh build. New Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH mobo with i7-3770k cpu. Latest Unibeast with ML App Store Retail 10.8.2 installs off USB, but will not boot back into the installed drive. The drive had 10.7.3 working flawlessly. Backed it up and went for the upgrade. Keep getting issues. Unibeast and ML download are good, I used for another install, and the USB drive has nothing else on the drive. Starting up from the Unibeast USB in Boot Verbose mode gives the following error:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff800002aaaaa): "Should have 8 Threads, but only found 9 for Die 0"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2050.18.24/osfmk/i386/cpu_threads.c:1095

backtrace:
com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.6)[4f08531B-7E5A-3604-924A-8769Cf53458B]
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)
dependency: dom.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.7.2)

Any ideas? I appreciate it!

Double check your BIOS settings. While you are in BIOS, go to the BIOS Features page and check these:

Limit CPUID Maximum - Disable
Execute Disable Bit - Enable

Thanks for the quick reply! I have optimized defaults for BIOS firmware v 11 (which I updated via q-flash). It has the two values you listed below, and I confirmed them. With some experimentation, using "-v -f GraphicsEnabler=No" as a boot flag, it skips the error, but dies at another error, which I will post in an image below. Looks like some Digi problem in IO or perhaps a Power Management issue?

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 366
It looks like that in 10.7.3, you had installed Avid DigiDesign. Well, the kext for that installation is not compatible with 10.8.2 and you will eventually need to upgrade your DigiDesign.

For now, you need to remove the kext. The picture is not clear enough for me to make out the spelling of the kext. Find the line that says "Kernel Extensions in backtrace. In the next line, is it DigiDal or DigiDol?

It was DigiDal. I pulled out the kext, and restarted. Now it's hanging at the original error, namely the com.Apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform kernel extension.

Here is a photo of the current error. Btw, it can't be skipped with -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 UseKernelCache=no

Thanks again. Dutchkash

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    531.1 KB · Views: 271
You say you backed up your 10.7.3 installation.

Have you considered making a clean install of 10.8.2 and get it working completely, then use Migration Assistant to bring over your settings and files from the backed up 10.7.3 installation?

Cool. I actually just mounted the drive on another computer and pulled off the kext from the s/l/e manually. Now I'm back to my original error, as referenced in the last photo - AppleACPIPlatform. Thanks again for the assistance. Any ideas?

Any ideas?
I revised my posting to say the following:

You say you backed up your 10.7.3 installation.

Have you considered making a clean install of 10.8.2 and get it working completely, then use Migration Assistant to bring over your settings and files from the backed up 10.7.3 installation?

Hey! Yeah, I did think of that. I installed onto another formatted drive in my system via Unibeast, but couldn't start up onto it either! The error appears to be the same. I included it here with a photo.

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    723.3 KB · Views: 295
The error occurs on a fresh install and an upgrade install. Still makes me think it is a BIOS setting, but I am not familiar enough with your BIOS to recommend anything.

Other people solved it:

1. User had an overclocked system. Returned clocking to default settings and cleared the problem.

2. User had placed a wrong DSDT on the Unibeast drive. Removed it and that cleared the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back