Contribute
Register

CustoMac Nano: Prebuilt Micro PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: CustoMac Nano: Prebuilt Micro PC

My question is would the WiFi/Bluetooth work if I ran Mac OS X though VMWare or virtualbox on Ubuntu/Linux Mint?
No, even if the host OS supports it, there is still no OS X driver support.

Tony said:
Extremely small form factor micro PC kits are gaining steam

Pun intended? ;)

So I am debating on getting an Intel NUC with the Intel HD Graphics 5000 or the Gigabyte Brix Pro with the Iris Pro graphics 5200. My plan is to run Mavricks on it.

My question is, is it possible to upgrade the graphics cards, or are you stuck with what you get? Also, is the jump from an i5 core to the i7 core that noticeable?

(sorry for the kind of silly questions, I am new to this! Thanks!)

Has anyone tried to run the Chrome OS off one of these builds?

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone tried to run the Chrome OS off one the these builds? My work is moving to Chromeboxes and I want to build one just for fun.

I just bought one of the intel NUC D34010WYK1 kits.

I bought a intel DW1520 mini pci-e wireless card with the BCM943224HMS broadcom chipset, and I'm going to try using a 20GB msata drive along with a OCZ Deneva 200GB 2.5" SSD. I'm currently working on locally buying some compatible 1.35v DDR3 sodimm memory for it. I had 2x2GB DDR3 1.35V memory modules that came out of a friends mac mini but they don't work in my nuc. Apparently the newer versions of the NUC are picker about the ram.

I am interested in setting this up as a customac, running mavericks, or yosemite as I need access to a system running either of these versions of OSX so I can do step by step guides on how to setup the remote desktop connection app to connect to our company's web portal to access remoteapps hosted on server 2012 and server 2012 R2. I also have to do a second page with instructions on how to also setup a full desktop connection for our customers who have applications that require a full desktop instead of a remoteapp instance.

Once I find some compatible ram I'll then be ready to try my hand at getting it going. I may have to ask for some help, hopefully I will be able to do it, after all I have had success in the past on my other build ;)

What's up with the lack of coverage for the BRiX Gaming edition? No Love for built in Mac-compatible discrete graphics???

What would you say is the better one these days in terms of support/ease of experience - Intel NUC or Brix? Trying to decide on one and would like to hear people's opinions. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back