CPU
i5-4670k
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am running mini deluxe with i5-4670k and using western digital 1 tb hard drive everything else is per the recommended setup. I have used the boot flags recommended in the 10.9 Maverick installation guide to no avail. Every time running it just go to black screen after the initial display of the apple logo. Ran -v flag and took a picture of the last text that is displayed before screen goes black. Using hdmi connection and using integrated board graphics. Tried searching the forums first as to not waste anyones time but I could not find anything similar. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_6167.jpg
    IMG_6167.jpg
    817 KB · Views: 184
I am running mini deluxe with i5-4670k and using western digital 1 tb hard drive everything else is per the recommended setup. I have used the boot flags recommended in the 10.9 Maverick installation guide to no avail. Every time running it just go to black screen after the initial display of the apple logo. Ran -v flag and took a picture of the last text that is displayed before screen goes black. Using hdmi connection and using integrated board graphics. Tried searching the forums first as to not waste anyones time but I could not find anything similar. Thanks in advance.
Boot with -x -v dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes and if it hangs get us another quality screen shot

Still is hanging here is the latest message.
Please tell the exact hardware you are using and then update your profile with this info in the system section please put your specific mother board so i won't have to scroll back to this post to see it for my future reference.

Now please go into the bios settings and find VT-D and disable it if you haven't done so already also disable WOL-S3 and be sure to select your onboard integrated graphics in the bios and change the memory profile to something above 64 i recommend the highest setting for better performance.

Then boot with -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IPGEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=04160000 =1 npci=0x2000 dart=0 and see if that gets you to the installation screen if not same as normal post a pic where it hangs unless its the same just say so

Also from what Ive seen in another thread when i was helping someone else they had to use the DVI port and not the HDMI using the board that i think you are using

VT-d is defaulted on on my mobo and can't be turned off. turned off wol made sure igfx is selected at initial display output. intel processor graphics enabled. Couldn't find anything about memory profile and adjusting it to 64. typed in the string you gave me. I assume that even though it does not display characters after you get to the end of the bar it still continues to register. Ran test still hung but no longer went to black screen. Will take computer and try it with a dvi connection tomorrow. also updated profile with my system information.

Attachments

• IMG_6174.jpg
    IMG_6174.jpg
    839.8 KB · Views: 121
Took your advice used dvi. Install went fine. Formatted drive according to guide. Went to boot from Maverick partition and get a kernel panic.

Attachments

• IMG_6186.jpg
    IMG_6186.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 146
Took your advice used dvi. Install went fine. Formatted drive according to guide. Went to boot from Maverick partition and get a kernel panic.
Use some of the boot flags like -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back