Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am reading the July Buyer's Guide and want to build a
CustoMac Mini Deluxe

I have purchased a
new wireless card BCM94360CD + adapter
for continuity for my old iMac '11

Can I use it with one of the recommended motherboards?
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 (mini-ITX)
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Wifi (mini-ITX)

Will it fit in the M.2 slot of the motherboard?
Will the continuity features work as a standard Mac?

Thank you!

Been a while since you posted this, so I imagine you've sorted it out. That said, the BCM94360CD card will not work in an m.2 slot. I picked up the following to get the card working in the Gaming 5 board.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010RD7DRC/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I will note that as of 10.12.1, the wifi hardware (actually by way of a PCIE-X adapter and not this adapter) is no longer being recognized while the bluetooth is. Hoping to find a solution. I have yet to upgrade the Gaming 5 board with the m.2/mPCIe card to Sierra and now I'm a bit leery about it...

Been a while since you posted this, so I imagine you've sorted it out. That said, the BCM94360CD card will not work in an m.2 slot. I picked up the following to get the card working in the Gaming 5 board.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010RD7DRC/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I will note that as of 10.12.1, the wifi hardware (actually by way of a PCIE-X adapter and not this adapter) is no longer being recognized while the bluetooth is. Hoping to find a solution. I have yet to upgrade the Gaming 5 board with the m.2/mPCIe card to Sierra and now I'm a bit leery about it...
Why? He can just swap the intel m.2 card for the bcm The specs on the gigabyte web state the following:
  1. 1 x M.2 Socket 1 connector for the wireless communication module (M2_WIFI)

The Dell DW1560 is a popular choice to us with motherboards that have M.2 slots for wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back