Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini Build: Can it run Logic Pro X well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Me and a close friend of mine will be moving to Philadelphia in March,
following our dream before it leaves our aging bodies.

Essentially, we want to create music.

We have fallen in love with Logic Pro X, but we
also LOVE TonyMacs Custom builds. They are more affordable, and we love
the idea of a self built Mac.

We are inclined to build the Customac Mini because of how budget friendly it is.
We have on our Amazon cart every part recommended to build the CustoMac mini.

I checked the minimum requirements for Logic Pro X:

• 4GB of RAM
  • Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
  • OS X v10.8.4 or later
  • Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
  • Minimum 5GB of disk space. 35GB of optional content available via in-app download.

The CustoMac exceeds these requirements, except my ignorance has me thinking their may be one requirement that it can't pull off: "Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins"

I'm not sure if that build supports that, and I was wondering if any of you wonderful and knowledgable people of the TonyMacx86 Forums could enlighten me on the topic.

Keep in mind that this build is SOLELY for music. It won't be running games, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, NOTHING but Logic Pro X.

Here are the parts for the CustoMac Mini:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

Me and a close friend of mine will be moving to Philadelphia in March,
following our dream before it leaves our aging bodies.

Essentially, we want to create music.

We have fallen in love with Logic Pro X, but we
also LOVE TonyMacs Custom builds. They are more affordable, and we love
the idea of a self built Mac.

We are inclined to build the Customac Mini because of how budget friendly it is.
We have on our Amazon cart every part recommended to build the CustoMac mini.

I checked the minimum requirements for Logic Pro X:

• 4GB of RAM
  • Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
  • OS X v10.8.4 or later
  • Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
  • Minimum 5GB of disk space. 35GB of optional content available via in-app download.

The CustoMac exceeds these requirements, except my ignorance has me thinking their may be one requirement that it can't pull off: "Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins"

I'm not sure if that build supports that, and I was wondering if any of you wonderful and knowledgable people of the TonyMacx86 Forums could enlighten me on the topic.

Keep in mind that this build is SOLELY for music. It won't be running games, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, NOTHING but Logic Pro X.

Here are the parts for the CustoMac Mini:

A couple of things I see here to change. Why use your only PCIe slot for a WiFi card you do not need? Instead, you should replace the half height mPCIe card that is already on the board with a http://www.amazon.com/Atheros-Wireless-300Mbps-AR5BHB92-Dual-band/dp/B008UNNG1Y/
Next, you need some kind of PCIe based audio I/O card to go in that PCIe slot. For what suits you best, I would suggest yo do some reading in the Music Forum - http://www.tonymacx86.com/music/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back