Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to go extreme and minimalist specs:

GA-H87N-WIFI (10-15 watts ?)
i3 4350 CPU (54 watts)
Thermaltake Slim X3 (from motherboard watts ?)
1x Ballistix 8gb DDR3 1600 (3-5 watts ?)
Samsung 120gb 840 Evo (3-5 watts ?)
InWin BQ660 (80w)

...still waiting for my CPU to arrive :D
hope to having a working Hackintosh Mavericks in no time and i hope the PSU cuts it.
plan on using this as my 'stable' mini Hackintosh troubleshooting rig for my other Hacks.

wish me luck!

[UPDATE]
My processor arrived here in the Philippines (from Canada). I've set it up. Fairly quick and easy to set everything up.

BIOS is F7.
Hackintosh installation went without a hitch.
I've replaced the wifi+BT card with a BCM943225HMB and used Toleda's kext to install it.

Virtually all major components have been detected and are functioning fine.

Slight issue: I am using DVI to hook onto a Samsung 27" A950D 120hz 3D monitor. However, I cannot change the refresh rate and is stuck at 60hz. Haven't tried (or lazy to try) HDMI.

Also, the Internal Speakers audio output just stops working after a sleep. I had to restart in order for it to work again. So far, it does not bother me that much as I am using a Logitech USB speaker which is not affected at all by sleep.

I'm impressed at the fact that the 80w PSU is able to sustain light-to-moderate workloads (ex: doing a 'Repair Permissions' while watching a full screen Youtube stream).

Attachments

• CustomMacMiniDSDT-Free.mb
    4.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Having a bit of a nightmare with this one... I'm getting a Kernel Panic with the build straight off of the buyers guide list.

It's an H87n with I3 4340

Crucial Ballistix Ram 4GBx2 but only one installed for OSX Mavericks Installation. There's no PCI slots or anything just a new Seagate HDD off of the list.

Here's a screen shot of the problem.

IMG_20140528_171905.jpg

Am I being an idiot here?

I've tried setting the XMP profile to 1, tried to disable Intel Virtualization Technology and still the same panick. looks like it can't find a file or something?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Edit: I think I'm being an idiot. Just found this link.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...list-0xdeadbeefdeadbeef-w-3-0-1-10-9-2-a.html

Although I am using the newest Unibeast and OSX Mavericks, it looks like a kext is still missing. Hopefully this process will resolve the issue. I'll try this today and post results.

Ok new chapter...

I got the install running using these two posts:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...list-0xdeadbeefdeadbeef-w-3-0-1-10-9-2-a.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-attempting-install-getting-kernel-panic.html

So I have mavericks installed on the HDD and am booting from the USB so that I can run Multibeast.

The system is completely unstable. After about 4 or 5 minutes I get the same 'Deadbeef' Kernel Panic I posted above. This seems incredibly strange considering I have dumped the kext into unibeast myself, the installation runs and then I get the error during normal operation!

Does anybody have any ideas? I am completely stumped.

THIS IS A TERRIBLE BUILD! Nothing but trouble. Used the same components listed. Seems to be working, then deteriorates over time. Started getting freeze-ups, then kernel panics when rebooting. The latest UniBeast won't boot, causes kernel panic.

Went back to Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 build and the same UniBeast USB Drive booted right up and installed Mavericks.

I win't got that far, but it seems that since i installed the 10.9.3 update, the build is less stable.

It freeze sometimes and I need to do harde reboot.

Anyone has experienced it??

thanks

John

Hi everybody,

since I want to start from scratch with a Mac OS X 10.6.3 retail DVD and a i5 4570s using the same motherboard, do I get the system running (because I understood that hasweel is not supported under 10.6.3) to update to 10.6.8 and then to OSX Maverics?

so long

Hi everybody,

since I want to start from scratch with a Mac OS X 10.6.3 retail DVD and a i5 4570s using the same motherboard, do I get the system running (because I understood that hasweel is not supported under 10.6.3) to update to 10.6.8 and then to OSX Maverics?

so long

Yes you understood correctly. Use iBoot Haswell to boot your Snow Leopard Retail DVD each time you need to boot. Install Snow Leopard and when it restarts insert your iBoot Haswell disc and select you Snow Leopard installation (DO NOT USE MULTIBEAST) Update to 10.6.8 and download OS X Mavericks from the Mac App Store. Create your UniBeast USB and install OS X Mavericks.

Dear all,

does anyone has lost QE/CI after upgrading to 10.9.4? I have a lot of issuer with display?

Did anyone fixed it?

Thanks

John

EDIT : All good now, I reinstalled kext all AppleIntelHD*.kext AppleIntelFrameBuffer*:kext let from my macbook air. And I now use a DVI cable and one HDMI for my dual monitor.

Has anyone had an issue with the Ram not appearing correctly on this board. I have a 4gb stick of g.skill @ 1333 and it only shows up as 2gb...

Has anyone had an issue with the Ram not appearing correctly on this board. I have a 4gb stick of g.skill @ 1333 and it only shows up as 2gb...

I'm not sure as to why the 4GB memory module is reading at 2GB, you could enter the BIOS and see if it reads 4 or 2GB, but what I can tell you is that the motherboard operates in Dual Channel meaning that the controller is designed to use both memory inputs and may cause an issue in performance only utilising only the one.

The new "AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0" Drivers doesn't work on my CustoMac mini
GA-H87N-WIFI.
(After a couple of transferred Gigabytes the Network stops)
Only the old v2.4.14 works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back