Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I've read that this error is related to 10.9.2 (latest Mavericks).

If you can get your hands on .1 or .0 then you might be able to get it done.

Let's stay in touch. We have the same system and the same problem.

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I've read that this error is related to 10.9.2 (latest Mavericks).

If you can get your hands on .1 or .0 then you might be able to get it done.

Let's stay in touch. We have the same system and the same problem.

any news on it? I've got the same problem and don't know if its usefull to take a downgrade to 10.9.1
I'm using a iiyama XB2779QS Display. It seems to be a bug related to 10.9.2, see here: ​https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5939866?start=0&tstart=0

...ps to get mobo bios update using a mac? you'll need wine bottler app and fumble with it till the little extract window appears....
No, you don't - you can extract the BIOS and create the USB Thumb Driver in OS X. Download the free Stuffit Expander to extract the BIOS from the .exe file. Then, copy the extracted BIOS to a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive. Finally, reboot, execute the BIOS' Q-Flash and choose the BIOS on the USB Thumb Drive.

I've just bought this mb and i3 CPU. Should be delivered on Tuesday.
Do people still have issues with installation even with the latest multibeast?

Any further recommendations for settings?

I am trying to get the following build running - its straight from the March 2014 CustoMac Mini guide:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU: Intel i3-4340
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport Very Low Profile 8GB Kit (4GBx2)
SSD: Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 250GBCase: Apex MI-008

The motherboard came with UEFI DualBIOS version F4 installed. I have looked over the BIOS settings recommended in various posts and have set the following:

• Start with F7-> Optimized Defaults
  • X.M.P.->Profile1
  • XHCI Mode->Auto (not Smart Auto)
  • XHCI Hand-off->Enabled
  • EHCI Hand-off->Enabled

I have seen posts about HPET and VT-d - neither of those options is available to change.

I can't get past iBoot (using iBoot Haswell 1.0.1). I perform the following sequence:
  • Insert CD with iBoot Haswell 1.0.1, boot into Chimera v2.2.0 r2248
  • Swap in MacOS X Snow Leopard (10.6.3) DVD, press F5
  • Press 'Enter' - I've done this with no options, and with -x -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

Same result every time:
panic (cpu 0 caller 0x55f81d): "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/usr/local/src/xnu-1504.15.3/iokit/kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1385​

I have searched the boards on this site, and tried every idea that I could apply to my motherboard and BIOS version. This seems a common error, but none of the remedies I've found have gotten me past this point.

Can anyone offer suggestions? Thanks!

@CQuinn18,

Can I ask if you are using an 'internal' sata optical drive rather than an external USB drive? USB drives don't work with this installation.

Adrian B

This is with an ASUS internal SATA DVD drive, from NewEgg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

I got the same result with another internal drive I had, but I don't recall the make or model.

After pressing F5 to update the boot options did it only show the Snow Leopard installer? Did you have any other options - is it possible that you have selected the wrong one?

The reason that I ask is that I did an installation on a HDD (one of my test drives) which had another 4 or 5 ML & 10.9 installations on it. I pressed [ENTER] on the iBoot icon and got the exact same kernel panic - I googled it and also found someone with a USB drive getting the same panic, hence why I asked about internal/external drives.

I think in the end I managed it without any boot arguments and it worked fine.
Some boot arguments that I did try include

-v
-x
acpi=off
PCIRootUID=0
GraphicsEnabler=No
DSDT=null

Keep trying, if I have time tomorrow then I will go through the process again with a new installation and post back here. :thumbup:

Adrian B

Interesting question. Once I press F5 no Snow Leopard option shows on the screen. I searched tonymacx.com and found this image, which is what I see (except my version number shows Chimera v2.2.0 r2248). Your question is the first hint to suggest I *should* see a Snow Leopard option on my screen. If it's not obvious yet, this is my first build of this type.

Thank you for suggesting the boot arguments. I have tried all of them (and just tried them again now) and I still get the panic.

Interesting question. Once I press F5 no Snow Leopard option shows on the screen. I searched tonymacx.com and found this image, which is what I see (except my version number shows Chimera v2.2.0 r2248). Your question is the first hint to suggest I *should* see a Snow Leopard option on my screen. If it's not obvious yet, this is my first build of this type.

Thank you for suggesting the boot arguments. I have tried all of them (and just tried them again now) and I still get the panic.

The image that you show should change after pressing the F5 key. The fact that it is not suggests to me that the kernel panic is derived from trying to load the boot loader again - which is not what the computer has been told is the data coming. There is a miss match. Are you able to toggle left right using arrow keys at this menu? If you have a different USB keyboard, then it might be worth giving this a try as a different option.

It sounds like the problem may revolve around the F5 key not refreshing the drive options.

This is the video that I checked out after getting the same KP. The process is identical as used here, we have just moved on one generation on the software/hardware.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/340-snow-leopard-mountain-lion-ivy-bridge-installation-video-guide.html

As frustrating as this is right now - we will get to the bottom of the problem.

EDIT - I tried a fresh installation and everything has worked fine. I get the OS X Installer option on screen after selecting F5

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back