Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AppleAcolyte,

Your i3 processor does not have VT-d option.
Do you still have your Mountain Lion build that is in your profile? If so you can create a UniBeast flash drive on that machine. External USB drives do not work with Snow Leopard/iBoot installation methods.

I suggest that you post in either the Snow Leopard or Mavericks Installation forum if you have continuing problems. :thumbup:

Adrian B

I got the exact hardware listed in the guide:
GA-H87-WIFI, i3 4330, corsair vengeance ram etc. I am getting absolutely nowhere with this, I built the 2011 CustoMac Mini with no trouble at all.

I removed 1 of the ram modules so I have 1 stick at 4gb, i set bios to optimized defaults, set initial display to IGFX, disabled Intel Virtualization but I see nothing about VT-d which every article says to disable, I'm running F4 bios and it simply isn't there.

The HD is plugged in to sata 0 from what I can tell, with no other drives attached, just mouse, keyboard and external dvd drive plugged in to usb ports. I've tried display output thru both hdmi ports and dvi using dvi/hdmi adapter. I'm attempting to boot with a Haswell iBoot cd, then Snow Leopard disk because I can't use unibeast to create usb installer on my iBook G4 as far as I know.

I'm dying here, what can I do? Thanks for any responses...

Below is pic of KP.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lw449a83wq4gps6/WP_20140117_025.jpg

Below is pic of Bios showing VT-d isn't an option where it should be.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlrps4fup0fmww2/WP_20140117_028.jpg

Did you do step 3 of the UEFI Setting?
3. (Optional) Set X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1
Without this setting my build wouldn't start osx.

If you have a windows pc you can download a virtual machine with osx 10.8 and create usb installer with it. That's how I got my Mavericks stick.

I no longer have the CustoMac Mini, just an iBook G4 which is a great pc and is faster than my netbook but is no help in this situation. I did set mem to Profile 1. Windows 8.1 is installed and everything is running perfectly so i doubt it's hardware related. I'll have to learn more about installing a virtual machine and try to get a usb installer that way because iBoot/Snow Leopard install on Haswell is the worst hackintosh install experience I've ever had, and I've gotten Snow Leopard working on an Acer Netbook lol. Went smoothly on Sandy Bridge tho.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

@AppleAcolyte,

Your i3 processor does not have VT-d option.
Do you still have your Mountain Lion build that is in your profile? If so you can create a UniBeast flash drive on that machine. External USB drives do not work with Snow Leopard/iBoot installation methods.

I suggest that you post in either the Snow Leopard or Mavericks Installation forum if you have continuing problems. :thumbup:

Adrian B

Wow, I just re-read you post, I can't believe I didn't consider the usb cd rom to be the problem. Well, thanks for your help.

Just as a bump to this thread, I still have the same "wake from sleep" issues as most others do with this build. Kind of disappointing, as my other build using the GA-Z87MX-D3H performs flawlessly.

I was hoping for a solution.

Be advised, if you are considering this build, you will likely have to prevent it from sleeping.

Did anyone find a solution to the sleep monde? i need to reset my machine every time my computer turn off the monitor or i turn off the monitor I need to reset the computer...

Does it works with DVI?

Thanks

john

My Custom Mac Mini had no problem sleeping until I installed an Edimax 7811un for wireless connection.
As soon as I restart and plugged in the usb wifi everything worked, but when it went to sleep it would not wake.
I uninstalled the Edimax software and everything worked fine again.
I have bluetooth, but no wifi from the mobo. This is my third build.
DVI is working...both on the mobo and the GTX650 TI ports
As for motherboard configuration settings I used these that I found somewhere here on the site:
BIOS Feature
- Intel Processor Virtualization Technology = Disable

Peripherals
- Intel Processor Graphics = Disable
- XHCI Mode = Auto
- XHCI Hand-off = Enable
- EHCI = Enable

Power Management
- Wake on LAN = Disabled

Then I installed OS X 10.9.1 using Unibeast 3.0 and MultiBeast 6.1 with the following:
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC892
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler
Drivers > Network > Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2
*(The two audio drivers were the only additional ones I added for sound and I also changed the network
driver.)

Hope this helps...

GA-H87N-WIFI
i5 4670
Mem 8MB (4Gx2 GSkill Sniper)
Corsair CX500M ps
EVGA GTX650 TI 1GB
Prodigy Bitfenix case
Sandisk 240mb SSD
Seagate 1TB

Any update on idle power consumption? Anyone? :thumbup::mrgreen::):beachball: Thanks

I've just completed this build and it's half-successful.

It performs great with the i7-4770S and since I use Scythe's 10dB fans its also supersilent and supercool.

I have a few observations though.

Sleep works when I use one screen connected to the DVI.

Two screens using DVI and HDMI behaves strange. Hard to boot and no output after sleep.

Two screens using only HDMI works great but not with sleep.

Anyone got other observations/conclusions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back