Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Ok, success! I reinstalled and when booting up, the white noise still appeared, but this time it would be gone after about 20 seconds and OS X was finally loaded. The errors I mentioned earlier seem to be gone. Now it's just some minor issues, like speedstepping not working (I only get p states 8 and 35, but this seems to be a common problem with haswell right now?). Oh and of course it would be great if I could get rid of this white noise, as it is taking rather long to boot with this.

Go to your /Extra folder and open the org.chameleon.Boot.plist with Text Edit.
Add this to it and see if it corrects the white noise.

Code:
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>04160000</string>

Code:
<key>IGPlatformID</key>

Thank you again for you trying to help, much appreciated!

Unfortunately, it didn't change with those lines added. Does it matter, where in the file those lines are added? I put them where I thought it would be logical for them to be. Right now, the file looks like this:

Code:
<dict>    
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>IGPlatformID</key>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
        <string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
</dict>

Is there maybe anything in there which doesn't belong?

Thank you again for you trying to help, much appreciated!

Unfortunately, it didn't change with those lines added. Does it matter, where in the file those lines are added? I put them where I thought it would be logical for them to be. Right now, the file looks like this:
[/CODE]

Is there maybe anything in there which doesn't belong?

No it looks fine. Ok do you have an HDMI-HDMI cable you can try from the motherboard?

Code:
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
This worked for me omg i am so happy :headbang:
I had the same white noise after the apple logo for like 20 seconds making my boot time around 45 seconds, after i added that IGP ID white noise gone! boot time around 20 seconds uh oh hahaha....after days of editing my chameleon.boot.plist i got it thanks to you :thumbup:

No it looks fine. Ok do you have an HDMI-HDMI cable you can try from the motherboard?

You're officially my hero now! :D It worked, tried the HDMI-HDMI cable, with the lower HDMI port the system wouldn't boot at all but with the upper one, it now boots just perfect, no more white noise and in about 10s. Thank you so much!

I have almost this exact build: GA-H87N-WIFI, i3-4340, Intel HD4600. System drive is Samsung EVO 120GB SSD. It is in an Antec Case, underpowered I know, but should be able to support the build. Memory is 8GB of Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz.

I first installed Snow Leopard using iboot/retail dvd with zero problems. This was only so I could have Rosetta to use Eudora Mailbox Cleaner, as I'm importing mail from Eudora Windows. That went smoothly. Once I finished that and saved my mail to a USB, I dragged out my trusty Mavericks unibeast stick that I used with my other build, to install Mavericks.

I reformatted the drive with the disk utility, the USB drive boots just fine, Mavericks starts installing, and then fails after around 3-5 minutes. "Install failed" "OS X could not be installed on this computer".

I tried using different USB ports (front/back) with zero difference.
I've sorted through a bunch of searches on this forum but nothing really fits.
Any ideas would be appreciated!

I have almost this exact build: GA-H87N-WIFI, i3-4340, Intel HD4600. System drive is Samsung EVO 120GB SSD. It is in an Antec Case, underpowered I know, but should be able to support the build. Memory is 8GB of Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz.

I first installed Snow Leopard using iboot/retail dvd with zero problems. This was only so I could have Rosetta to use Eudora Mailbox Cleaner, as I'm importing mail from Eudora Windows. That went smoothly. Once I finished that and saved my mail to a USB, I dragged out my trusty Mavericks unibeast stick that I used with my other build, to install Mavericks.

I reformatted the drive with the disk utility, the USB drive boots just fine, Mavericks starts installing, and then fails after around 3-5 minutes. "Install failed" "OS X could not be installed on this computer".

I tried using different USB ports (front/back) with zero difference.
I've sorted through a bunch of searches on this forum but nothing really fits.
Any ideas would be appreciated!

Not really an expert on the subject, as you can see from my posts in this thread ;), but when reading up on the board in general I found several mentions that the installation for some people only works with a single memory module installed. Didn't have to do that for my setup, but maybe it is worth a try.

GA-H87N-WIFI
Core i5-4670
8GB RAM
120GB SSD
Nvidia GT640 *temporary
1440p Monitor through dvi-d

Just got up and running, issues so far.

Flash Playback freezes up in Safari. Audio plays initially then it stops working in Chrome.

Hey, Tony. Long time listener, first time caller here. I built a system similar to this build and installed everything as instructed in the Mavericks 10.9 guide, but for some reason I keep having issues with bluetooth. Sometimes the system will detect the bluetooth, but sometimes it won't. Which makes this really frustrating because I'm trying to use both a wireless keyboard and mouse, but I keep having to revert to my usb peripherals. Any chance you could guide me in the right direction? I've gotten the devices to pair, but sometimes the system just won't detect that there is bluetooth at all... Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back