Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get this one back up and running - hard drive crashed and somehow wiped out the backup drive too. New SSD, but can't seem to get it to the installer screen with Mojave, High Sierra, or Yosemite. Now trying with Mavericks.

I'm trying to get this one back up and running - hard drive crashed and somehow wiped out the backup drive too. New SSD, but can't seem to get it to the installer screen with Mojave, High Sierra, or Yosemite. Now trying with Mavericks.

Attach screenshot of verbose mode.

Heads up for those looking to upgrade the OS on this old setup - and for me, when I forget how to do this in two days time, going to High Sierra works OK, though I needed to set the profile to Mac Pro 2010 (5,1) to allow it to sleep and wake up, and get the audio ports working. Haven't tested all the USB ports yet but enough of them work in 2.0 to allow my daughter to use the comp for a year or two as a net plaything.
I used the latest *Beasts, and most of the post-install settings outlined on post #1. Yay! (The sleep wake thing wouldn't work, and I tried all kinds of stuff over a couple of days to get it to work, then had my eureka moment on the loo, as you do...)
Might even try a later macOS at some point, but the i3 chip might start to struggle.
Cheers all, and thanks to all the posters for the help!

Several years ago I built up a 10.9 system with a Z87N-WiFi motherboard (Hack_1 in the listing). I rebuilt that with a more current motherboard, uprated power supply, faster memory and CPU and an NVMe main drive. My brother is going to attempt to built his first hackintosh with the original parts. So...
  • Since this was for the H87N, is anything different required for a Z87N?
  • Realizing that this probably predated OpenCore, has anyone tried to use that instead of Clover? I searched this thread and there was no mention of OpenCore.
  • This system was built using the onboard graphics system. What would need to change in order to run either a Kepler based NVIDIA GeForce card or a Radeon?

Several years ago I built up a 10.9 system with a Z87N-WiFi motherboard (Hack_1 in the listing). I rebuilt that with a more current motherboard, uprated power supply, faster memory and CPU and an NVMe main drive. My brother is going to attempt to built his first hackintosh with the original parts. So...
  • Since this was for the H87N, is anything different required for a Z87N?
  • Realizing that this probably predated OpenCore, has anyone tried to use that instead of Clover? I searched this thread and there was no mention of OpenCore.
  • This system was built using the onboard graphics system. What would need to change in order to run either a Kepler based NVIDIA GeForce card or a Radeon?

Anyone Out There????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back