Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure as to why the 4GB memory module is reading at 2GB, you could enter the BIOS and see if it reads 4 or 2GB, but what I can tell you is that the motherboard operates in Dual Channel meaning that the controller is designed to use both memory inputs and may cause an issue in performance only utilising only the one.
Wildwillow thanks for the feedback.
Update don't even read this mess. I only had 4gb. I didnt remember that purchase being so low. should have went with 8gb. lol nm everything is working except hdmi audio now!
I should have been more clear but I have 8gb(4gbx2) so it should be operating in dual channel mode...its only showing 4gb total, but showing 4 slots. and there is only 2 slots on this board. i have tried mac mini 3.1(the one used in tonymacs golden build) and 5.1 to see if this had any effect. its weird its showing 4 slots and 2 being used is correct just incorrect amounts. 20140721_191733.jpg
btw does anyone know about the updates in the top right of the pick. im on 10.9.4 already do we update this?

update: heres another view of the bios. it says enabled size is only 2gb. this is the same board tonymac used for the golden build. something seems weird to me.
20140721_193657.jpg

The new "AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0" Drivers doesn't work on my CustoMac mini
GA-H87N-WIFI.
(After a couple of transferred Gigabytes the Network stops)
Only the old v2.4.14 works.
Linm, hey I had same issue but so far i ran MB again and it works. something worth noting is first time i ran MB it gave an error regarding the fakesmc kext but didnt this time. so I dont know if you saw an error but if you did try running MB again...

I only had 4gb. I didnt remember that purchase being so low. should have went with 8gb. lol nm everything is working except hdmi audio now!
I should have been more clear but I have 8gb(4gbx2) so it should be operating in dual channel mode...its only showing 4gb total, but showing 4 slots. and there is only 2 slots on this board. i have tried mac mini 3.1 and 5.1 to see if this had any effect. its weird its showing 4 slots and 2 being used is correct just incorrect amounts.

First thing that I would do is to change your system definition There is no MacMini released with Haswell hardware to date. They still use IvyBridge. Ideally you are better to choose a system definition that is closest to your build and hardware. iMac 14,1 would be the closest. It too uses only internal Intel graphics. Looks like you did purchase only 4GB of memory giving the evidence in both BIOS and OS X. Don't worry about the extra 2 memory slots. It reads the same on the Z77n-Wifi as shown here from my build.
Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 06.06.30.png

does anyone know about the updates in the top right of the pick. im on 10.9.4 already do we update this?

Check your purchase history/receipt from the supplier where you ordered the Ram. The update may be relevant to the system definition that you have chosen at this point. If you want to know exactly what the update(s) is, open the App Store located on your dock, highlight the Updates tab and it will clearly state what it is to be updated.

Linm, hey I had same issue but so far i ran MB again and it works. something worth noting is first time i ran MB it gave an error regarding the fakesmc kext but didnt this time. so I dont know if you saw an error but if you did try running MB again...

Hi, no fakesmc Error here and re-running MB with Intel E1000e v3.1.0 did not work. Only v2.4.14 works here. :roll2:

Hi guys,

A newbie to the world of hackintosh here. I purchased the parts and used these components:

GA H87N-WIFI
i5 4690
2 x 4GB Vengeance ram
250GB Samsung Evo 840

I installed everything according to this thread's guide, from unibeast to multibeast.

I'm encountering freezes when I'm transferring my music into iTunes. Was wondering if it's a glitch on iTunes part, or something to do with the RAM?

Let me know what information anyone needs! Thanks in advance guys! Been trying all the fixes across other threads but it just didn't seem to work.

...I'm encountering freezes when I'm transferring my music into iTunes. Was wondering if it's a glitch on iTunes part, or something to do with the RAM?...
Could be your memory or your PSU. Haswell specifications for those two components are different than previous generations. Make sure your memory is on Gigabyte's H87N-WIFI memory list (download tab on the motherboard's web page) and the PSU is Haswell Ready or Certified.

Could be your memory or your PSU. Haswell specifications for those two components are different than previous generations. Make sure your memory is on Gigabyte's H87N-WIFI memory list (download tab on the motherboard's web page) and the PSU is Haswell Ready or Certified.

Alright, thanks!

I've checked my RAM against the website's list, and it's there, so shouldn't be the ram.

I'm using stock PSU that comes together with my case (INWIN BP655), will try to land a TFX Haswell Ready PSU. Update again :)

Thanks again for the speedy reply!

So, I followed this guide as closely as possible and built a machine with the following:

GA-H87n-Wifi Rev 2.0 (F7)
8GB RAM (2x4GB)
2TB HDD (Install is on a 200GB partition)
Intel i3 4340 CPU

For some reason, Unibeast/Multibeast and Chimera/Chameleon based installs lead my machine to being incredibly unstable - when they even get as far as installing.

I did, however, get a Clover install to install properly. My only problem is that I cannot seem to get proper graphics acceleration (artifacts, weird coloring, 5MB VRAM, only one option for resolution set at 1280x1024 - which on my screen looks like a verticle-letterboxing effect) - and of course sound, but that's a purely secondary issue to me.

I don't know if it is user error (likely) or simply my hardware flipping me the bird here.

With Windows on a separate install, everything works relatively smoothly (I can fix the issues with some driver downgrades... grumble)

Any idea what may be going on?

Hi Eric,

I´ve tried to follow this steps but it seems that something is not working. Some links are different now at Toleda´s site. Can you revisit and update your valuable post?

All best,

Sergio

How to get HDMI audio working on the H87N wifi Motherboard (according to my memory):

1) Open the Terminal app and type the following lines:(This will allow you to see hidden folders.
Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
2) In Finder go to ~/System/Library/Extensions. Delete "HDAEnabler1.kext".
3) Download, extract and open these two files:
4) Download this zip and extract it: audio_ssdt-hdmi-ami_hd5k-amd-nvidia-1_v2.zip .
5) Remove the pdf. Rename the remaining file to SSDT.aml.
6) In Finder go to ~/extra. Paste the SSDT.aml file there.
7) In the same folder locate and open "org.chameleon.Boot.plist". Paste the following lines there and save the file.
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<key>DropSSDT</key>
[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]<string>Yes</string>[/COLOR]
8) Download and open "dpciManager": http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/
9) In "dpciManager" click on the "rebuild cache" button.
10) Open the Terminal app and type the following line:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
10) Reboot your hackintosh and go to the "System Preference" app. Click on "sound", browse to the "output" tab and hopefully you will see HDMI as an option.

Let me know if this worked for you.

I´d like to know if this steps are still valid. Has anyone tried out?

All best,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back