Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian - thanks so much for getting us past this hump. It was the keyboard - once I swapped in a different one I was able to see the OS X install DVD option, and our installation proceeded from there.

We're not done yet - we currently can't boot into Snow Leopard without starting with iBoot first, but we're making progress, and are finding lots of other great help on this site.

One strange thing I've noticed is that we can't bring up this site (tonymacx86.com) and some other ones (like Yahoo! mail) in Safari. Any pointers? Is this covered in another forum?

Adrian - thanks so much for getting us past this hump. It was the keyboard - once I swapped in a different one I was able to see the OS X install DVD option, and our installation proceeded from there.

Good stuff - It started to sound like a keyboard issue - glad that you have circumnavigated the booting issue. :thumbup:

We're not done yet - we currently can't boot into Snow Leopard without starting with iBoot first, but we're making progress, and are finding lots of other great help on this site.

This is normal as iBoot is the life support that lets you use SL in the short term to get the latest version of OS X that supports your hardware.

If you wish to run SL permanently on PC hardware then you should look at getting the last hardware that is supported by Snow Leopard (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/building-sandy-bridge-customac-buyers.html) Much of this hardware is not available as brand new product and will need to be sourced second hand. A few Gigabyte motherboards are still available with the basic H61 chipset and have the modern UEFI that does not need a DSDT.

One strange thing I've noticed is that we can't bring up this site (tonymacx86.com) and some other ones (like Yahoo! mail) in Safari. Any pointers? Is this covered in another forum?

In SL I believe that you should disable the plugins in the Safari settings - or update Safari & Java only from Software update. DO NOT update anything else!
Beelzebozo covers this in his video at about 19.15 : http://www.tonymacx86.com/340-snow-leopard-mountain-lion-ivy-bridge-installation-video-guide.html

Good Luck

Adrian B

So I was able to setup the BIOS and now I am trying to boot the installer and when I get to the chimera screen I press enter to boot up the installer the apple logo comes up and appears to load but then it goes to a blank screen and my tv says there is no signal going to the television screen. i am not able to get to the installer. I am using a 16gb sandisk and I am trying to install Mavericks. The boot drive has Mavericks created by unibeast and mulitbeast as well. I have been following the instructions to a tee. I cannot get to the installer it always goes to a blank screen. I even did the verbose boot and still ends up going to a blank screen and my tv says no signal. WHAT DO I DO?

I do not have a graphics card I am using the integrated graphics card with the intel i5 4670k

It is hooked up through HDMI to my 32" Samsung Television.

I have tried all the bootflags and still have the same result

I have this exact same build however I am running into major problem trying to install OS X. I successfully made the bootable USB with Unibeast to install mountain lion 10.8.5. However, I cannot get to the install screen. When I run in verbose the screen doesn't pause on anything but instead just goes black. Any help here would be much appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Installed Mountain 10.8.5 and now everything is up and working fine :)

As of this time, is it safe to buy this motherboard? I'm planning on using it with an i5-4670 and a 780.

Having the same issue here :(

Looks like it's Bluetooth related. Maybe you could try unseating the card and booting again? FWIW I've installed the security update and am currently using the computer I installed it on, so it probably doesn't break the core system.

Does anyone got this kernel panic after latest security update for 10.9.2?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/giozwl2f8wp1rgd/kpanic.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix it?
As it turned out security update wasn't the issue of this problem. It has not been even installed. Somehow my 2.5 usb2 hdd plugged into 2 usb3 ports starts causing this panic. System boots now only when external hdd is turned off. Any ideas why is that could happen?

I've installed update after that though. Fix perm - install - fix perm apparently works fine for me.

I also have the h87n with a 4330 king ram and ssd, I turned on the tv to see a bios malfunction, and the board a rev 2 reset the bios, I forgot to change the settings and it just started into mavericks, and was stable for a week, who knows? It crashed I had to optimize settings to get it working, I took out the BT, may put a sata port card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back