Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,

I've had this CustoMac Mini running in a dual boot environment for years with Win 10 and it's been rock solid. Currently attempting to upgrade to a larger SSD and decided to try installing High Sierra. The best reference I could find was listed here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-h77n-wifi-i3-3225-hd4000-macos-10-12.202503/). I've successfully created the installer file using Unibeast but cannot get past the initial black and white apple logo on initial boot. Using verbose boot, the last line I see before reboot is:

Start RandomSeed
End RandomSeed

Then the machine starts a reboot, through bios screen, I can select the install OS High Sierra again and the process continues. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any advice, I'm a bit rusty as this has been rock solid for years and I haven't messed with Hackintoshes much since.

-beastuni756

Forgot to post config.plist files. Also, I noticed Clover options were set for USB Injection and USB Ownership unchecked. Should these be checked. I've tried both ways with the same results (no boot, apple logo only for about 20 seconds, then reboot).

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.1 KB · Views: 255
Update, this is as far as the bootable USB will go. I've tried Safe Mode in clover options as well with no luck. Has anyone successfully installed High Sierra 10.3.6 to an H77N-Wifi with bootable USB created by Unibeast?

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190301_154607.jpg
    MVIMG_20190301_154607.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 270
  • EFI.zip
    18 MB · Views: 229
In /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ try AptioMemoryFix-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

In /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ try AptioMemoryFix-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Thanks for the reply. Do I edit this using Clover Configurator?

ie. Mount EFI, Open Plist.config, Install Drivers. Delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, then install AptioMemoryFix-64.efi?

Thanks I'll try that now.

No discernible difference from what I can tell. Here's the latest:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20190304_161239.jpg
    IMG_20190304_161239.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 140
I struggled getting High Sierra 10.13.6 running fully on a GA-H77N-WIFI (BIOS Ver. F2) and finally succeeded including HDMI sound, sleep, etc. (It was a pain but everything will work. I had to have 10.13.6 because the App Store will will only download FCPX to a 10.13.6 system.)

One thing that does not work is an in-place upgrade install. (This does not even work well on older real macs either. I had to yank the drives from my two 2009 Macbook Pros and upgrade them from 10.13.2 using my 2012 Mac mini to get the installer to succeed.)

My suggestion is to hook up a HDD (non-SSD) and try your install. (It will avoid the whole APFS issue until you get a running system because it will by default use HFS+ on a HDD.) I installed on a HDD and cloned the installed OS to the SSD. I then imported my previous user and manually copied over only the applications that were missing. (Automatically importing applications and system settings caused the system to hang.)

I suspect you are using a UEFI install which is really preferred. My install is in Legacy mode because I have an old Windows HDD that I need to be able to boot. I will upload the EFI partition of a my fully working system. Just modify the directories for UEFI install accordingly.

If you wish to use APFS later, then you can create an APFS container and partition later and clone your HFS+ drive to it. If you do use APFS, you have to make sure the drivers for APFS are installed using Clover. Otherwise, the APFS drives will not be visible when you boot from your drive. (My EFI partition has the drivers installed.)

Hope this helps.

P.S. I did install Mojave at one point and it worked, but I will not be going to Mojave any time soon unless NVIDIA and Apple work out their dispute.

Last edited:
The working EFI directory is attached
  1. The SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEGO.aml file is for HDMI audio over an NVIDIA card. (This may not be useful to you.)
  2. The config.plist has the settings that I used for my set-up SMBIOS setting, etc
  3. The efi files in the drivers64 directory would be in the drivers64UEFI directory if you use UEFI.
  4. Notice the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and AppleImageLoader-64.efi files needed to get the system to recognize the apfs file system
  5. The kext files in the Other directory are to get sound, ethernet, etc working. (I know they should be installed in /System/Library instead but I was just happy to get everything working.)
Note: I believe most of the efi and kext files are able to be installed using Clover including the latest bootloader for Clover.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22 MB · Views: 319
Hi guys, thank you dalogue for your efforts. Is it possible/likely that you might want to switch to Mojave 10.14.6? If so, could you help me out? I'm lost getting audio to work and how to figure out the two network ports which were working fine in 10.13.6. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back