Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 H67
CPU
i5-2500k
Graphics
nVidia GeForce 210
Has anyone successfully updated this build (Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 H67) to MacOS High Sierra and if so can they put a step by step guide to what they did up?

Thanks,

MacNewGuy

Has anyone successfully updated this build (Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 H67) to MacOS High Sierra and if so can they put a step by step guide to what they did up?

Thanks,

MacNewGuy

Not I, but I can say that I'm running High Sierra on my 6 series (Z68X) motherboard, having done a direct upgrade from Sierra. Still running a legacy BIOS setup, as I haven't had the courage to try the beta UEFI BIOS for the board.

Thanks,

MacNewGuy

I've tried various methods but so far always get the no smoking sign 2/3 of the way thru the install loading! Verbose shows that it hangs on looking for the SSD but I've tried various fixes such as AppleAHCIport_v.328.kext, etc. I've also tried USB as well as direct install from Sierra disk. Both btw with the no convert option.

I've tried various methods but so far always get the no smoking sign 2/3 of the way thru the install loading! Verbose shows that it hangs on looking for the SSD but I've tried various fixes such as AppleAHCIport_v.328.kext, etc. I've also tried USB as well as direct install from Sierra disk. Both btw with the no convert option.
I have this setup for 5 years now and never had a problem installing Mac OS but High Sierra is a pain to set up. I manage to install it but on a hard drive. It just won't install on the SSD drive. To get a bit of speed I bought a 1TB Seagate hybrid drive and made it a bit faster. It took me a week to get this thing going and my only problem right now is the boot up time is very slow. It takes 3-4 minutes to boot up but after that it's fast.
It detects my Sierra SSD drive as non-formatted after complete boot up but after installing the AppleAhciPort.328, that problem went away.

Not I, but I can say that I'm running High Sierra on my 6 series (Z68X) motherboard, having done a direct upgrade from Sierra. Still running a legacy BIOS setup, as I haven't had the courage to try the beta UEFI BIOS for the board.
Could you possibly list the method you used please?

Could you possibly list the method you used please?

Follow the instructions to create the Mac OS High Sierra installer.
After creating the usb installer. You have to manually edit the config.plist with Clover Configurator. The SMBIOS is the only part that needs changes. I used Imac 14,2. Save when done.
Like what I said in my previous message, I cannot install this on a SSD drive but try to see if it will work for you.
If you don't make the above changes, your system will just keep on rebooting during installation.
Complete installation using Multibeast.
CLick the link below to install an older version of AppleAhciPort.kext to prevent disk I/O error while booting up. Here's the link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/disk-i-o-error-while-boot.238288/page-2

After creating the usb installer. You have to manually edit the config.plist with Clover Configurator. The SMBIOS is the only part that needs changes. I used Imac 14,2. Save when done.
Like what I said in my previous message, I cannot install this on a SSD drive but try to see if it will work for you.
If you don't make the above changes, your system will just keep on rebooting during installation.
CLick the link below to install an older version of AppleAhciPort.kext to prevent disk I/O error while booting up. Here's the link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/disk-i-o-error-while-boot.238288/page-2
UniBeast created usb installer uses iMac14,2 by default.

Thanks. I'll post if I get it working

Has anyone got High Sierra to work successfully on CustoMac Mini 2011 and if so can you tell me what settings you used in MB or any other tips or tricks that worked for you.

Thanks,
MacNewGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back