Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My Customac Mini was running perfectly using only the built in HD 3000. I purchased the EVGA GT 640 2 GB single slot card after reading countless articles on here about the card and how it work's OOB. While playing Borderlands 2 or watching a youtube video in my Fbook page, I get artifacts or other glitches. Strangely, DVD Player, iTunes World of Warcraft and the majority of the system run great.The card runs perfectly in Windoze 7.
I should mention I initially added "GraphicsEnabler=No". Have since added more kernel flags to the Boot.plst but nothing helps. I'll include current items from my Extras folder to assist anyone that's kind enough to help. Thanks...

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1600x900x32"</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Macmini</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>Macmini6,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C07JF8Z4DWYL</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>

The pic below is a crop screenshot from a vid I posted on fbook.

ScreenShot2013-02-07at114106AM.png

I just realized the Apex M-100 case comes with a 250 Watt Power Supply and the card states it requires 350. Anybody think that's what is is?

I replaced the 250 watt power supply with a 430 watt. The graphics issue persists. If any flash video pops up in a web page or if I try to watch Youtube videos, Safari freezes and I have to hold down the power button to restart the computer. HELP, PLEEEASE!!!

I seem to be talking to myself here but I installed Google Chrome and everything works fine. So the issue is flash video within Safari. Any help, any at all would be greatly appreciated....

Deactivate the hardware acceleration on the flash plugin.

Launch a video on youtube pause before it freezes,

Right click to get the menu, settings, uncheck hardware acceleration.

Thanks for all your help community....

I purchased Borderlands 2 thru Steam, it runs perfectly in Win 7 on High settings but of course in ML 10.8.2 it runs like crap, had to set GFX quality to low and get strange flashes, tearing and lines (Artifacts). I'm disgusted that this supposedly OOB card is such a pain in the arse and I'm even more frustrated that no one gives a crap enough to help..

On one machine I had to remove graphics enabler not just set it to No.

Thanks for the reply. I just deleted the "GraphicsEnabler=No" code, repaired permissions and restarted a couple times out of habit. It is running perfectly now! I had Mplayer X playing a movie fullscreen, youtube playing a 1080p video fullscreen and was playing World of Warcraft on Ultra settings running between 30 and 70 FPS, no issues at all. Cinebench gave me about 32 frames per second.

You are a lifesaver my friend... I wish there was a way to sticky this because every thread I read about my Nvidia card said to set graphicsenabler to no...

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back