Contribute
Register

CustoMac mATX expectations: iMessage, HDCP/DRM, sleep/wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting ready to build my first hackintosh (well, for the first time in 9 years), and I am looking at the mATX CustoMac.

Gigabyte GA-Z270MX-Gaming 5
NVidia GTX 1060 6 GB
Intel 7600k
etc.

Can I expect iMessage, HDCP/DRM content (e.g. iTunes, Netflix), and sleep/wake to work? These are must-haves for me.
I am also open to other cards, like the AMD RX cards.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
After doing more research, I don't think it is safe to assume that Netflix on Safari will work, or even streaming iTunes movies.
I have streamed Netflix with Safari with no problems. You just need to install MS Silverlight to make it work. iTunes DRM protected content will be a problem if your hardware is Ivy Bridge or newer, which yours is. Some have created fixes that seem to work. Other alternatives are to use iTunes in Windows or simply have a secondary Sandy Bridge system if you frequently view iTunes DRM protected content. See the HP 6200 SFF guide in my signature below.

I have streamed Netflix with Safari with no problems. You just need to install MS Silverlight to make it work. iTunes DRM protected content will be a problem if your hardware is Ivy Bridge or newer, which yours is. Some have created fixes that seem to work. Other alternatives are to use iTunes in Windows or simply have a secondary Sandy Bridge system if you frequently view iTunes DRM protected content. See the HP 6200 SFF guide in my signature below.
Ah, I should have specified. I meant HTML5 Netflix (not Silverlight), which is necessary for 1080p to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back