Contribute
Register

CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - 10.11+ Reference

On GA-Z97X-UD3H I have to use FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, AND patch AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext to remove USB limit. Otherwise port mapping is wrong.

Thanks for the feedback- it's not a completely perfect list of solutions, and can sometimes can be dependent on system definition as described above.

Thanks for the feedback- it's not a completely perfect list of solutions, and can sometimes can be dependent on system definition as described above.

If you want to add configuration specific solutions to the first post, so perfect solution for the GA-Z97X-UD3H is to use FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

and to add patch in Clover Configurator -> Kernel and Kext patches:

Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Find: 83BD8CFEFFFF10
Replace: 83BD8CFEFFFF16

All ports will work at full speeds.

Z77-DS3H doesn't need no kext injection. Renamed EHCI and XHC in my DSDT all USB2 and USB3 works. Using iMac 13.2 all is well. Followed RehabMans guide. No need for port patch :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 13.53.59.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 13.53.59.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 724
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 13.53.54.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 13.53.54.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 1,117
Is there any news with 3rd party USB controllers? (VIA, NEC, Renesas)
My VIA Labs. USB3 ports are dead (devices are recognised, but not mounted/not working properly)
I used four of these 5pin USB to USB-A Female adapters, $1.5 on Ebay. Quick solution if you have more devices than working USB ports... :)

$_35.JPG

I have an Asus Z77I and in Mavericks I was having issues with the USB, so I did the DSDT patches and made a nice clean DSDT for my board.

Since then, all my ports are working. However when I plug a new device in, I have to unplug it and plug it back again within 5 seconds for it to recognize correctly.

Would these kexts help in this situation or hurt?

Is there any news with 3rd party USB controllers? (VIA, NEC, Renesas)
My VIA Labs. USB3 ports are dead (devices are recognised, but not mounted/not working properly)
I used four of these 5pin USB to USB-A Female adapters, $1.5 on Ebay. Quick solution if you have more devices than working USB ports... :)

View attachment 163993
View attachment 164006

Yeah the lack of 3rd party USB controllers news seems surprising. The usb controllers are detected natively on El Capitan. All we need is a patch for El Capitan to give full USB 3.0 speeds to them.

6 Series:
No USB 3.0 over NEC/Renesas ports. Disable in BIOS. No other USB fixes necessary.

Womp-womp.... :(

If I'm reading this correctly, we 6 owners are SOL for USB3 on these ports, right?

I believe my mobo is series 6...it's a GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3.

I have a drive attached to my USB3 port and in System Report it shows it's connected. (see attached pic)

The drive won't mount though, no matter what I do. So is this as far as I'll get with USB3 support or will one of the originally posted solutions work for me?

Attachments

• USB3 on GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3.jpg
    USB3 on GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 492
This is for Intel chipsets only right? 3rd party like renasas still out of the picture?

Back