Contribute
Register

CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - 10.11+ Reference

Great thanks
I'll try the xosi fix, and try disabling different hubs. In my ioreg, it looks like 2 hubs are controlling the same ports, I could be wrong. Does this sound like something that could happen? I may be reading the ioreg wrong. I might need a port limit patch as it looks like there are 15 ports already active w/o usb3. Odd that it was working in El Capitan with just the 3 basic kexts and the DSDT rename, but now it's not:/

Not possible to provide any advice without the required information. Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Not possible to provide any advice without the required information. Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Ive attached Clover and IOREG. Can't seem to find where terminal command output the touch command. Ill post that once I find it. Thanks for all your help I greatly appreciate it, happy holidays

Attachments

• iMac.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 114
  • CLOVER copy.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 95
Ive attached Clover and IOREG. Can't seem to find where terminal command output the touch command. Ill post that once I find it. Thanks for all your help I greatly appreciate it, happy holidays

Your USB3 (XHC) is being affected by the port limit. Since you're using FakePCIID_XHCIMux, the HSxx ports on XHC are not needed (always routed to EHCx). You can use -uia_exclude_hs to exclude those ports from XHC.

Your USB3 (XHC) is being affected by the port limit. Since you're using FakePCIID_XHCIMux, the HSxx ports on XHC are not needed (always routed to EHCx). You can use -uia_exclude_hs to exclude those ports from XHC.
I can't thank you enough. It finally works. So simple, I was using -uia_exclude_xhc. Thanks again so very much

Hi guys

I'm having a an issue with my USB ports
on Z170x Ultra (this is my first build)

El Capitan reads all the 7 USB ports but only when I connect USB2 hard disks or small USB flash drives, Keyboard / mouse
I can also see in the Bios that the mob does recognise the connected usb3 devices
but no USB3 hard disk it's shown on finder or disk utilities

on the multibeast installation I chose
Drivers > USB > 7/8/9 Series USB Support

I also installed the Customac Essentials

but still no success

Any Ideas?

Hi guys

I'm having a an issue with my USB ports
on Z170x Ultra (this is my first build)

El Capitan reads all the 7 USB ports but only when I connect USB2 hard disks or small USB flash drives, Keyboard / mouse
I can also see in the Bios that the mob does recognise the connected usb3 devices
but no USB3 hard disk it's shown on finder or disk utilities

on the multibeast installation I chose

I also installed the Customac Essentials

but still no success

Any Ideas?

Read ammulder's writeup in the Skylake Starter Guide for how to create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext.

I had fixed before I read this reply in the meantime
apparently adding all the Driver options on the USB section of Multibeast 8 did the trick
before I had only selected the:
but I later i installed the 3 options

Now all the usb3 devices are working, now I only need to the my thunderbolt connection working as well
thanks anyway mr Rehab for the tip about ammulder's writeup in the Skylake Starter Guide :)

Last edited:
I had fixed before I read this reply in the meantime
apparently adding all the Driver options on the USB section of Multicast 8 did the trick
before I had only selected the:
but I later i installed the 3 options

Now all the usb3 devices are working, now I only need to the my thunderbolt connection working as well
thanks anyway mr Rehab for the tip about ammulder's writeup in the Skylake Starter Guide :)

If you installed the "port limit patch", keep in mind it causes issues of its own... only for short term use (port discovery).

If you installed the "port limit patch", keep in mind it causes issues of its own... only for short term use (port discovery).

Ah do you know how could I undo the port limit patch?

thanks

Ah do you know how could I undo the port limit patch?

thanks

The patch is in config.plist (can be deleted or disabled). But undoing it will likely break your USB3 speeds. You need to create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext. Refer to post #252 (seems you ignored the advice the first time you read it).

Back