Contribute
Register

CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - 10.11+ Reference

This is for Intel chipsets only right? 3rd party like renasas still out of the picture?

Correct/Correct. Some third party chipsets are supported because Apple uses them (FL1100, for example). Unfortunately, not the case with NEC/Renesas.

Correct/Correct. Some third party chipsets are supported because Apple uses them (FL1100, for example). Unfortunately, not the case with NEC/Renesas.

Bummer, Kinda on the fence about el capitan, all the bugs from yosemite are gone but this new usb stuff is annoying especially when I had almost 100% vanilla install before el capitan

Works for me on my 9 series board but now it takes 3-4 times as long to boot up, is that normal?

Do I have right understood? I just have to install the two Kext to receive full compatibility with the USB and my motherbard GA-Z97X-UD5H?
My sysdef is iMac 15,1.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers.

USB 2 worked without error
My system is x58a ud7
After remove this kext (FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext )USB 2 worked good.
And Rename my DSDT EH01 and EH02.
I don't know how to fix USB3.
Thanks.

Z77-DS3H doesn't need no kext injection. Renamed EHCI and XHC in my DSDT all USB2 and USB3 works. Using iMac 13.2 all is well. Followed RehabMans guide. No need for port patch :thumbup:

@jbamford and others using PJALM DSDT motherboard patches. The current PJALM patches are dated 17/11/2015 and I noticed that PJALM has addressed issues discussed here i.e, USB re-naming, MUX, etc., (at least for the Z77-DS3H anyway).

A few weeks back, my WD MyBook (USB3 external drive) kept on crashing in El Capitan under my older DSDT.aml so i had to perform my backups from my main install that is OS X Mavericks.

After reading jbanford's comments yesterday, I created a new DSDT based on PJALM's current Gigabyte patches (dated 17/11/2015) and now more than 12hrs later, MyBook is stable in El Capitan and no issues with USB2/3 so that's my recommendation :thumbup:

do i have right understood? I just have to install the two kext to receive full compatibility with the usb and my motherbard ga-z97x-ud5h?
My sysdef is imac 15,1.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers.

up :)

Back