Contribute
Register

CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - 10.11+ Reference

I have no usb 3.0 what so ever, all my ports are working but at 2.0 speeds, i have tried the two kexts, both in the clover folder and L/E, still no changes, also on top of the kexts I've tried the patch in clover configurator . Im on z97x ud5h, iMac 14,2. everything else is working buttery smooth except usb! someone help!

I have no usb 3.0 what so ever, all my ports are working but at 2.0 speeds, i have tried the two kexts, both in the clover folder and L/E, still no changes, also on top of the kexts I've tried the patch in clover configurator . Im on z97x ud5h, iMac 14,2. everything else is working buttery smooth except usb! someone help!

You doing something wrong, two kexts and AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext patch should work 100% for your MB.

Check again, maybe you not used KextBeast, or maybe you not mounted your EFI partition and proper config.plist when patched kext.

You doing something wrong, two kexts and AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext patch should work 100% for your MB.

Check again, maybe you not used KextBeast, or maybe you not mounted your EFI partition and proper config.plist when patched kext.

ive tried putting them in the clover kext folder and tried kext beast as well, using an almost vanilla config.plist, have any ideas?

I am confused, I have a Serie 8 MB (MSI z87) and I still don't have USB 2/3 working as it should

the thread says:

FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext enables full support. Install to /Library/Extensions.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-...i-id/downloads
so first where do I take FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from? first or second link? (I took from the 1st one) then where do I put them? the thread says in S/L/E using a kext utility but then some say to put it under EFI/kext/ 10.10 and 10.11 or in others. I placed them in others

So far, still no joy... so where do I download the kexts from? 1st or second link? where do I put them? 10.10, 10.11 or other folder in EFI? Or in S/L/E? once the kexts are in the proper location, do I still need to do something?

The USB issue under El Capitan is still very confusing to me :(

Thanks for the help :)

I installed in S/L/E as instructed by Rehabman and though ports are now functioning, the I attach my USB 3.0 hard disk, its is still recognised as a USB 2.0.... I though that adding the kexts would do the trick but I was wrong. What do I still need to do to have my USB 3.0 device recognised as such when plugged in a USB3.0 port?

Thanks

I installed in S/L/E as instructed by Rehabman and though ports are now functioning, the I attach my USB 3.0 hard disk, its is still recognised as a USB 2.0.... I though that adding the kexts would do the trick but I was wrong. What do I still need to do to have my USB 3.0 device recognised as such when plugged in a USB3.0 port?

Thanks

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

I think instead of complicating things, just advise to install USBInjectAll.kext and use -uia_exclude_xhc to use ACPI/_UPC for port definitions. Because for gigabyte 7/8/9-series, XHC _UPC seems to be accurate enough to work, if not optimal.

This fixes USB 3 for me. If i don't use USBInjectAll.kext then I only get USB2 speeds/port behavior from USB3 ports. However USBInjectAll.kext creates a new bug for me. all USB thumb drives mount as internal disks and OS won't treat them as removable media. applications like boot camp and unibeast won't detect USB drives anymore and no longer function. I remove USBInjectAll.kext and USB drives once again are detected as USB removable media but of course USB3 ports once again become only USB2 ports.

For Info, my DSDT also has the renames present and my controllers are EH01 EH01 and XHC, so without a port injector every single port works, as a USB2 port. USBInjectAll.kext does a wonderful job making them also function as USB3. I am just curious how I go about fixing this without breaking USB removable media.

Also, the USB thumb drive issue happens regardless of port used. It's not just USB3 ports that can't read them correctly but all USB2 as well on both controllers.

This fixes USB 3 for me. If i don't use USBInjectAll.kext then I only get USB2 speeds/port behavior from USB3 ports. However USBInjectAll.kext creates a new bug for me. all USB thumb drives mount as internal disks and OS won't treat them as removable media. applications like boot camp and unibeast won't detect USB drives anymore and no longer function. I remove USBInjectAll.kext and USB drives once again are detected as USB removable media but of course USB3 ports once again become only USB2 ports.

For Info, my DSDT also has the renames present and my controllers are EH01 EH01 and XHC, so without a port injector every single port works, as a USB2 port. USBInjectAll.kext does a wonderful job making them also function as USB3. I am just curious how I go about fixing this without breaking USB removable media.

Also, the USB thumb drive issue happens regardless of port used. It's not just USB3 ports that can't read them correctly but all USB2 as well on both controllers.

Not possible to diagnose without information...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Be sure to state specifically which ports are incorrectly marked internal. It is likely you have a buggy DSDT.

Attachments

• Dan’s iMac.ioreg
    5.7 MB · Views: 196
there you go rehabman...

Only SSP1/SSP2/SSP5/SSP6 are active. So... you're missing SSP3/SSP4. This is due to DSDT bugs.

Use USBInjectAll.kext and -uia_exclude_hs kernel flag.

Back