Discussion in 'General Help' started by tonymacx86, Nov 21, 2015.
Many, many thanks.
For those interested this link posted by RehabMan is the key starting point for fixing USB functionality in Sierra and High Sierra.
After upgrading to 10.13 my Logitech BRIO USB3 webcam is no longer recognised, unless I attach it to an USB2 hub (but then it doesn't output 4K). I tried it on different ports, in combo with/without a USB 3 hub.
It worked perfectly on Sierra with the below configuration.
The following kexts are installed to S/L/E (no adjustments made to info.plist):
And I have the following Kext patches active in CLOVER for AppleUSBXHCIPCI:
83bd74ff ffff10 > 83bd74ff ffff1b
837d8410 > 837d8419
Any ideas? OR if no ideas, any way to further investigate the issue?
Once I get the ports correctly recognised, I'll look into creating a custom injection SSDT.
System config: Kaby Lake Asrock Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac + Intel 7600K
SOLVED: I apparently did not have the correct DSDT and Kext patches configured. Correct list: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/master/config_patches.plist
We now have a new NEC / Renesas / Asmedia USB3.0 driver for 6 series.
This kext patched by jenyunhuang.
Trying to get my rig up and running properly. I've got a GA-Z270X-UD5.
I can't seem to get USB 3.0 working on anything but the USB 3.1 port on the back.
When I plug drives, etc anywhere else that are 3.0 I get nada. All 2.0 works.
What info do folks need to troubleshoot? or where should I start with a 200 board?
RehabMan - thanks (nice tracks by the way - jealous!)
Okay, doing a clean install to get back on the right track. Based on reading through your guide etc. I sense that there are some mistakes possible in Multibeast, etc.
If I want to go the custom ssdt route - what should I install after I do a clean install and what do I need to avoid (vis a vis Multibeast,etc).
Thanks in advance.
Mine are skier's right.
The others are from two of my ski buddies. We were fortunate to take that photo from the lift (going back up) after we laid the tracks together and had skied to the bottom. No one else had gone there to mess up our tracks... yet.
For your hardware, basic components/procedures:
- port limit patch in config.plist
- port discovery
- create SSDT-UIAC.aml matching port discovery results and staying within 15-port limit
- remove port limit patch from config.plist
An unsolicited comment here; maybe obvious to all others, but this confounded me for a long time.
When creating a SSDT, the "HS" port numbers begin with HS01 => <01 00 00 00> and increment by 1 for each HS port. The "SS" port numbers must begin with SS01 => <11 00 00 00> and increment by 1 for each SS port.
I had thought incorrectly that the final version of the SSDT (after eliminating unused ports) should show ALL port numbers assigned in consecutive order. But the "SS" port numbers have to start with 11 (hex) (= decimal 17) or things just don't work out for USB operation.
SSxx port numbers actually vary depending on the xHCI device-id.
Correct values are in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl in my USBInjectAll github project.
You should *never* change the "port" data for a given port, unless you were building an SSDT for an xHCI controller not already supported by USBInjectAll and SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
Separate names with a comma.