Contribute
Register

CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - 10.11+ Reference

Here are files without inject all running. I'll do again with dump with inject all running is needed.

As for which ports aren't working, Any front panel port i tried showed USB thumb drive as an internal non removable disk with inject all running even the USB2 ports. Without inject all, all ports DO show USB drive as removable media but the two USB3 ports behave like USB2

EDIT, even more info.
USB3 thumb drives still show removable with inject all, and of course work at 3.0 speeds. USB 2 drives plugged in to either USB3 or USB2 ports, work but show as internal media.

Attachments

• Omega-4.ioreg
    5.1 MB · Views: 160
  • DSDT.aml
    54 KB · Views: 160
  • SSDT-1.aml
    13.2 KB · Views: 175
  • SSDT.aml
    877 bytes · Views: 167
Only SSP1/SSP2/SSP5/SSP6 are active. So... you're missing SSP3/SSP4. This is due to DSDT bugs.

Use USBInjectAll.kext and -uia_exclude_hs kernel flag.

OK, so I'll add USBInjectAll.kext in S/L/E but what about the kernel flag? Do I use Clover configurator?

Hey guys, sorry to be a bit thick here, but all my USB3 ports are dead on my tiny rig (since 10.11) and I'm a bit in a pickle. I tried to install the 2 kexts mentioned with kextbeast (in L/E) and to use the boot argument "-uia_exclude_xhc" and nothing happens. Where am I wrong? Is there something else to tweak in clover configurator?

Thanx again for all your nice work on here!!

Hey guys, sorry to be a bit thick here, but all my USB3 ports are dead on my tiny rig (since 10.11) and I'm a bit in a pickle. I tried to install the 2 kexts mentioned with kextbeast (in L/E) and to use the boot argument "-uia_exclude_xhc" and nothing happens. Where am I wrong? Is there something else to tweak in clover configurator?

how and where do you use the boot argument?

Wow I wasn't expecting such a fast answer! Thanx! I added it to the clover boot screen into options. Now i think about it, there was already a boot argument there and i added the -uia_exclude_xhc with just a space in between. Maybe that's the problem... If it won't work I'll report about the PCIe card I'll eventually buy (mediasonic HP1-U3F), supposedly it works OOB on 10.11...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

I got so over it all, I did a fresh install and all 100% working. My first install used just clover and kexts because multibeast 8 wasn't out yet, this time used unibeast and multibeast only and everything is now working without tweaking at usb 3.0 speeds, not sure which ports are the 3rd party ones either but all seem to work at usb 3.0, oddly enough they are running through apples new driver perfectly
Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 12.58.58 PM.png

Are these recommendations going to make it into Multibeast at some point? Or do we have to make these manually if the normal Unibeast + Multibeast process doesn't work? Thanks a bunch for all the hard work getting things to work.

Back