Contribute
Register

CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - 10.11+ Reference

I think I may have found a completely different solution for my problem:

I discovered an entry "NOTHING" within clover configurator / Disable Drivers. After deleting that (really trial and error) I could boot with at least USB 2.0 support. Can't say how that entry got there in the first place, I followed this procedure https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...supported-intel-based-pc.172672/#post_install
Anyway, I will go on from here and have a deeper look into USB3 support when needed. Thank you guys!

On what system is this? Z97, Z170i, X99? Need more information.

Hi RehabMan

I read you post (thank you btw, your work is incredible), but there you said "this post ist for Intel USB3". I, however, am having problems with all USB ports, even the 2.0.

The Intel USB3/XCHI controller handles both USB3 and USB2.
Plus, the guide actually addresses the EHCI controllers as well as XHCI.

Is there a way of Renaming EHCx->EH0x in Clover Configurator without a DSDT?

Yes. It is covered in the guide.

I think I may have found a completely different solution for my problem:

I discovered an entry "NOTHING" within clover configurator / Disable Drivers. After deleting that (really trial and error) I could boot with at least USB 2.0 support. Can't say how that entry got there in the first place, I followed this procedure https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...supported-intel-based-pc.172672/#post_install
Anyway, I will go on from here and have a deeper look into USB3 support when needed. Thank you guys!

Attach config.plist (you likely corrupted it...)

Attach config.plist (you likely corrupted it...)
which config would like to see? the one with the "NOTHING" entry? I haven't edited anything, it's just that way after running Multibeast

Hi guys! I've installed Sierra without any problems! Thanks so much for that!!
Now there is just one little problem. After restart, my usb 3.1 port that was working before, suddenly stops working. When I unplug and plug the cable back again, everything is working as usual. Why? After regular shutdown and start I have no problem, even after sleep! Only after restart the port stops working. Is there something I can do?!

I have the exact CustoMac mATX setup:
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
Core i7-6700K
Corsair H60 (Water)
EVGA GTX 960 Super Clocked
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (16GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Corsair CS 550 Watt
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter 802.11N (N900)

Hello! New here. Got a question what is 7/8/9 series?
7/8/9/etc series refers to the motherboard chipset and can often be discerned from the number.
For example my Z77-DS3H is 7 series and my B85M-DS3H-A is 8 series.
For some bizarre unknown reason we refer to what comes after 9 series as 100 series instead of 10 series.

Hello everyone, i am using a z87-ud3h, all usb ports work but in usb2 mode only (if i plug any usb 3 device, nothing happens).

I see that there are two kexts to install, but the post is pretty old, is there a more elegant (ssdt, clover patch) solution available for my z87 chipset ?
I am using latest clover version with iMac14,2 smbios (default clover config, except p/c states and custom SN/MLB for iMessage).

Thank you.

Hello everyone, i am using a z87-ud3h, all usb ports work but in usb2 mode only (if i plug any usb 3 device, nothing happens).

I see that there are two kexts to install, but the post is pretty old, is there a more elegant (ssdt, clover patch) solution available for my z87 chipset ?
I am using latest clover version with iMac14,2 smbios (default clover config, except p/c states and custom SN/MLB for iMessage).

Thank you.

Attach ioreg along with Clover folder removing Themes ZIP attach. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Back