Not open for further replies.
Good Parts?

Updated list of parts:

CPU: i5-3570K
Motherboard: GA-Z77-DS3H
RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Case:Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply: Corsair 600 Watt
Storage: 1x128GB SSD 1x500GB HDD (and possibly HDD from previous computer)
CPU Cooler: Stock with CPU (won't be over clocking)
Wifi Card: TP-Link PCI Express WiFi Adapter

costs:
CPU: $225
Motbo: $105
RAM: $50
Case: $110
PSU: $55
SSD: $105
HDD: $60
WiFi Card $40
OSX: $20
Win8: $100 :(
TOTAL $870 .... $770 without Win8 :\

Extras:
8GB Flash Drive $10
Logitech M500 $25 (or I might just keep my G400)
New keyboard? $50

How's this list?

So now the question is which would benefit more with an SSD, OSX or Windows?

And then whatever one has the SSD would just use the HDD as "overflow" storage, right, with most of that OS's storage on that SSD. Would it work like that?
It depends which OS you use to do what. No, it won't work like that, unless you set up a fusion drive http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-drive-using-tonymacx86-tools-chimera-19.html. Their are other ways to do use both effectively just google "HDD and SSD combo Mac OSX."

Updated list of parts:

CPU: i5-3570K
Motherboard: GA-Z77-DS3H
RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Case:Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply: Corsair 600 Watt
Storage: 1x128GB SSD 1x500GB HDD (and possibly HDD from previous computer)
CPU Cooler: Stock with CPU (won't be over clocking)
Wifi Card: TP-Link PCI Express WiFi Adapter

costs:
CPU: $225
Motbo: $105
RAM: $50
Case: $110
PSU: $55
SSD: $105
HDD: $60
WiFi Card $40
OSX: $20
Win8: $100 :(
TOTAL $870 .... $770 without Win8 :\

Extras:
8GB Flash Drive $10
Logitech M500 $25 (or I might just keep my G400)
New keyboard? $50

How's this list?
looks good. Don't even bother with windows 8, it sucks. Stick with windows 7 and save some money.

looks good. Don't even bother with windows 8, it sucks. Stick with windows 7 and save some money.

Okay, thanks for the help.

1. It costs $250, For that price you can buy a really big SSD and get even better performance. But in terms of fusion drive performance it should be very similar to your SSD HDD combo, although the mac mini still has a slow HDD.

6. Take a look at this website: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=Intel+HD+4000
Looks like slightly more then twice as fast.

7. If you buy compatible parts of the buyers guide, it will basically "just work" out of the box. For the first day or two you may have to fix a couple problems, but after that it's basically care free. However, every now and then you may need to do check this website before installing apple system updates.

Hi, you said that if i buy compatible parts from the tonymac buyers guide it will work "out of the box".
Well, i have i5 4430 processor. A h87 d3h gigabyte motherboard. And 8*1gb corsair ram. I have my monitor connected to it through VGA. The problem is when i boot it gets stuck at the apple logo with spinning wheel(though the wheel stops spinning). I tried booting into verbose/safe mode and various combinations of -x -v -f graphicsenabler=Yes/No. and many other flags you can find over the internet.

And still i am stuck. I dont have any graphics card.Can you help me out? Oh and yes i disabled vtd from bios.
I really wanted a hackintosh and got it as a gift from my dad for good study performance..i know there exists a sollution to this prob. Just help me if u could.
Thankx.

Hi, you said that if i buy compatible parts from the tonymac buyers guide it will work "out of the box".
Well, i have i5 4430 processor. A h87 d3h gigabyte motherboard. And 8*1gb corsair ram. I have my monitor connected to it through VGA. The problem is when i boot it gets stuck at the apple logo with spinning wheel(though the wheel stops spinning). I tried booting into verbose/safe mode and various combinations of -x -v -f graphicsenabler=Yes/No. and many other flags you can find over the internet.

And still i am stuck. I dont have any graphics card.Can you help me out?

You don't need a gfx card as the I5-4430 has HD4600. All you need to do is connect a DVI
or HDMI cable to any tv/monitor that has those connections. VGA won't work with a CustoMac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back