Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In the buyer's guide both the CustoMac Budget ATX, CustoMac mATX and CustoMac Pro recommend the 650 dollar EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC Black, while the complete list with supported graphic cards contains much more (cheaper) options.

I understand this choice for the Pro setup, but also using it in the Budget and Regular setup confuses me. Why is that? I assume it's still possible to pick a cheaper one as long as it's compatible?

Last edited:
It is possible to use a cheaper graphics option on any of the builds that you mention. The GTX 1070 is an ideal card for a wide variety of uses such as gaming or video/photo work with Adobe type applications and will work well at 1080P, 1440P, 4K and above screen resolutions. All graphics cards were less expensive before the mining craze took off just a few months ago.

There are plenty of folk that chose to build a CustoMac Budget ATX with a very good graphics card so that they don't need to change it out for a newer model too soon. Plenty of folk multiboot macOS and Windows to have access to a wider variety of gaming titles but not everyone uses a computer in the same way or with the same applications.

In the buyer's guide both the CustoMac Budget ATX, CustoMac mATX and CustoMac Pro recommend the 650 dollar EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC Black, while the complete list with supported graphic cards contains much more (cheaper) options.

I understand this choice for the Pro setup, but also using it in the Budget and Regular setup confuses me. Why is that? I assume it's still possible to pick a cheaper one as long as it's compatible?

Of course you can pick a cheaper, or older (second hand?), graphics card as long as it is compatible. I use old graphics cards GTX760 and GTX660 in my systems as I already own them and they are natively supported (no additional drivers required).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back