Contribute
Register

CustoMac #4 (GA-Z68X-UD5-B3) Silky Smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
vancityex said:
lxlifestream said:
Does the Radeon 6870 work straight out of the box?

If not, could you point me in the direction to get it working 100%

I'm building from custoMac#4 as well
Including HDMi....any DSDT edits etc you need to do.....this sounds 2 gud 2 b true..... :clap:

No HDMI Audio, card works 100% OOB with Graphics Enable =Yes

Re: CustoMac #4 (GA-Z68X-UD5-B3) Not so Silky Smooth after all

To any skimmers out there I think its important to say again that the OS loads fine on this board and its fast. That being said I am just fed up with GB Boards and that is the only reason I am switching.

So you used EasyBeast for the ASUS?
I wish i would have looked into that board before getting the GA-Z68X-UD5-B3,
But i could always change it later. I just hope the board holds up with lion.

brisc0, thanks for the replies. Keep us updated on how the Asus board works (and/or what doesn't work). I'm still trying to decide which way to go.

I'm running this board with Lion and have no problems at all. Great experience so far.

I have been having an issue using LogMeIn and Apples RemoteDesktop solution. I can connect just fine to my multi-monitor desktop, but if I try to switch the focus between monitors or disconnect, I get a kernal panic and the wonderful reboot screen on my remote Hackintosh. A reset and I am back to my desktop after a quick boot.

I went through this guide and noticed I didn't have " IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector" and I only have 1 of the three Network Boxes installed. I installed " IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector" and that took care of my drives showing up as external devices. (I didn't have this installed under 10.6.8)

Is there something else I could be missing? System profiler shows my graphics card as a 6870 and with the exception of my SSD drive, I am using the Customac #4 build. Is anyone else using either of these solutions without issue?

Joe

brisc0 said:
henrygale said:
I have the same card, but under "About this Mac" my Graphics section says "ATI Radeon HD 6xxx 1024 MB". Did you have to do anything to make yours say 6870 instead of 6xxx?

/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist

Need to have
<String>Graphics Enable</String>
<key>Yes</Key>

To accomplish this you need to copy it from Extra to your desktop, edit it, and copy it back over the one in /Extra.

thanks!

henrygale said:
brisc0 said:
henrygale said:
I have the same card, but under "About this Mac" my Graphics section says "ATI Radeon HD 6xxx 1024 MB". Did you have to do anything to make yours say 6870 instead of 6xxx?

/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist

Need to have
<String>Graphics Enable</String>
<key>Yes</Key>

To accomplish this you need to copy it from Extra to your desktop, edit it, and copy it back over the one in /Extra.

thanks!

oops I got my keys and strings backwards... really sorry

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Alright, fully switched to the P8Z68 Deluxe and its the freaking bomb... I am going to drop a post on the specifics of the build and reference the already great guide thats available on the boards. In a nutshell I did a clean Lion install, no DSDT, Multibeast for audio/network/USB3 only and have sleep working 100%. The Asus is so close to vanilla its crazy. My geek bench only went up about 250 points on avg, but the board performs so much better in the post/config/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back