Contribute
Register

Custom Watercooled Asus x99-A Usb3.1 / 5820k / GTX 980ti - El Capitan 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah for sure! I only did a full custom watercooled system as a project and something to do during the winter early this year. You can use any fans. Cooling has nothing to do with hacktintoshing really....Again I stressed a few times I never took the time to get audio to work but there are other guides out there. You just have to do that in post installation.

I have the same cpu and motherboard but have a 740 1gb EVGA GPU. I the same problems with my last build that it was unstable. Windows is crap and keeps crashing. Should I try again with the way you did it. I have one SSD that I can wipe and start fresh. I really don't want to sell my motherboard and CPU and start over.

Can this step by step guide work with installing Sierra? I have the same Motherboard and CPU but have a EVGA 1050 sc 4gb video card.

Last edited:
@leezee, your guide saved me a couple of hours! Thanks a lot :mrgreen:! Have you upgraded to Sierra since?

Thanks for the guide! I'm having an issue at the part under "Kernel and kext...". Mine shows nothing in the list unlikes yours where its has the two items. What am I missing?

@jkwha, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@jkwha, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.

Updated! I was able to get Sierra installed but somehow ended up KP. Currently trying to follow another guide (KGP) but somehow the UEFI bios patch screwed up my mobo. Can't POST at the moment.

Any luck getting Sierra installed on these hardware. I Have the same exact parts. Please contact me because this is insanely frustrating. Thanks

@nowim, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back