Contribute
Register

Custom SSDT's using Corpnewt's SSDTTime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having read all the comments above, I think SSDT-USBX.aml is meant to be used when the SSDT-UIAC.aml that Hackintool generates is added to the setup. As the SSDT-UIAC.aml table doesn't contain any USB Power settings.
Device (USBX) is the way a real Mac ACPI injects the USB power properties. I don't think we can conclude anything other than that there's more than one way to do this. Anything else is just a guess.

EDIT: See Rehabman's first explanation of USBX here.

Interesting conversation, thanks for the insight. Do I understand you right assuming that using Hackintool´s info.plist would allow to change the power management for each port separately?
No your understanding is wrong The power definitions embedded in the USBPorts.kext are universal and do not apply to selected USB ports only, these definitions function in the same universal manner as those found in the SSDT-USBX.aml file.
Using both these files in one and the same hack, namely a USBPorts.kext as well as a SSDT-USBX.aml file would mean that one is attempting to achieve USB power management simultaneously with more than one approach.

@deeveedee Suggest you have a look at the attachment of my posting #6. The charging currents available for my Apple peripherals are indeed those that Apple charging devices, that shipped with my Apple peripherals, are providing.
Proof off the pudding lies in its eating.
Besides my hacking strategy has always been tailored to only apply hacking elements that make sense and certainly not what other "people" may consider doable, I pride myself that my particular background in electronic engineering affords me the opportunity to be much more selective in what I expect my hacks to "endure", than would perhaps be otherwise the case.

Greetings Henties

Last edited:
Been trying to extract the SSDT's using SSDTTime, but on windows 11 using both Python 3.10 and 2.7.6.1 I get different errors. The GitHub site itself does not specify whether its Python 2 or 3 that its coded in. So going to give it a go using Ubuntu Live USB and see if that's any more successful.

Corpnewt has updated SSDTTime-master (dated 20/09/2022) so that it now generates a number of additional SSDT's and ACPI rename patches.

See revised options available in macOS Terminal screenshot below. The Windows or Linux screens would have the additional option to dump the DSDT.aml.

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 18.38.28.png

The new options along with the follow on screens are shown below:

4. USBX
Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 18.50.35.png
Generates the SSDT and ACPI patches, adds them to the Results folder as expected.​
9. PCI Bridge
Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 18.50.14.png
Not the most straightforward or helpful options page,​
Edit: From reading through the SSDTTime.command code I think this may generate an SSDT equivalent to SSDT-UNC.aml - The SSDT-UNC.aml table is required for all X99 and many X79 boards, it specifically disables unused devices in ACPI ensuing IOPCIFamily doesn't kernel panic.​
0. PLNF (laptop only)​
Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 18.49.35.png
Looks straightforward, select the IGPU series from the list present in your laptop and the SSDT-PLNF would be added to the Results folder.​
Not sure what _UID 99 would be used for?​
A. XOSI
Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 18.49.52.png
Most users would select option '13' (Windows 2015) and have no issues using the SSDT and rename patch added to the results folder.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back