Contribute
Register

Custom SSD Icons

Thank you very much Robbie! :)

Looks awesome.

Could someone do a WD Red 3TB please?

Someone did one in the thread but the icon in the get info is a generic icon, although the image itself is right, so can't copy paste it :(.

This has happened to me too in the past. Sometimes the icon needs to be reconverted to another icon and then it will work.

Give it a shot with img2icns

If it still doesn't work, let me know...

I made a Mushkin Chronos Deluxe icon for any Mushkin owners (like me)!

mushkin1.jpg

Attachments

• mushkin.icns.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 307
Could someone do a WD Red 3TB please?

Someone did one in the thread but the icon in the get info is a generic icon, although the image itself is right, so can't copy paste it :(.

That'd be me. Those .icns files are a little tricky. Get Info > Copy doesn't work. You have to double-click the file and open it in Preview, then Copy from there. I don't know if that's the best way to do it, but that's what I've always done with those.

Great work :) Just applied the OCZ Agility icon and looks great.

Incidentally I had no problem copying and pasting the icon from the source Get Info window to the Destination Get Info window.

Opened them both > clicked padlock > supplied admin password > clicked on Source icon top left> CMD+C > clicked on Destination Icon top left CMD+V > JOB DONE :)

Can anyone do an OCZ Agility 4? I have several in use and would love to slap the icon on them. This is a great thread!
g\

Not sure if anyone here knows this but you can just open up "Get Info" for your icon and then drag and drop your new icon over the top of the little icon on the top left!!! Job done….;)

Here You Go….

SSD AGIL 4.jpg

Attachments

• SSD AGIL 4.icns.zip
    952.3 KB · Views: 284
Not sure if anyone here knows this but you can just open up "Get Info" for your icon and then drag and drop your new icon over the top of the little icon on the top left!!! Job done….;)

Here You Go….

View attachment 76711

Old trick ;)
You freaking rock with your turnaround time. Plextor M5 pro pretty please? haha!
g\

EDIT:
I made one for M5 Pro and also converted the AG4 to the original SSD template since i liked it a bit better.
Cheers,
g\

Attachments

• AG4icon.zip
    316.8 KB · Views: 288
  • Plextor M5 Pro icon.zip
    271.4 KB · Views: 350
  • Plextor M5 Pro icon.jpg
    Plextor M5 Pro icon.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 441
  • AG4icon.jpg
    AG4icon.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 329
1. Right-click (or control-click) then Get Info on both drive and icon file so both info windows are open.
2. Select icon in upper left corner of source icon's Info window. COPY
3. Select icon in upper left corner of target Info window. PASTE

Target should now have the source's icon.

By the way, works with drives, folders, shortcuts, etc.

It's ironic that OSX generally isn't nearly as customizable as Windows, but when it comes to desktop icons it's very customizable.

Thanks! but how do I restore the original hard drive icon?? I changed the icon for the mechanical hard drive instead of the SSD by mistake.

Back