Contribute
Register

Custom SSD Icons

Fo the backup enthusiast, I offer some ioSafe Drive icons:

iosafe g3.pngiosafe pro.png

Attachments

• ioSafe-icns.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 305
I could not find any sort of generic M.2, NVMe, etc. icons anywhere on the WWW. (I mean anywhere!) So I made a few. The actual form factor of your typical PCIe flash storage would not lend itself to a nice icon, so I took a general approach. FWIW, I am using the first one, as my icons are pretty dang small. YMMV. Here they are in case they might be useful to anyone around here:

View attachment 338014 View attachment 338011 View attachment 338012 View attachment 338013
Thanks a bunch! Been looking for some. These look Great!!

@tyrelius

Nope, sorry, the image I started with had the label on it already. But you could just overlay your label on the Samsung one in this file right?
That could work, yes. I was just hoping to maybe have a green PCB or something, if there was a template with enough layers and customization. Maybe I can make a template based on these.
Where did you source the original pictures from, if you don’t mind me asking? There seem to be two different PCBs.

Here's my contribution. I just installed a Sabrent 1TB NVMe into my hack.

Attachments

• Sabrent NVMe 1TB.png
    Sabrent NVMe 1TB.png
    579.7 KB · Views: 557
One more, didn't see a 256GB version of the Samsung EVO 970 NVMe M.2. This has been a great opportunity to start learning to use Affinity Photo as well.

I didn't need to go to the icon format, I just open the png in Preview, copy, and then paste it into the drive's Info box. Am I missing something by doing it this way?

Attachments

• 01-samsung-970-evo-250-gb-nvme-m2-ssd_78anrsx6.png
    01-samsung-970-evo-250-gb-nvme-m2-ssd_78anrsx6.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 562
Last edited:
Anybody have a thought as to why the icon can't be changed in Catalina? (permission issue?). When I drag an .icns or .png file to the drive opened in Get Info, the green + sign appears but the icon doesn't get replaced.

Anybody have a thought as to why the icon can't be changed in Catalina?

Back