Contribute
Register

Custom SSD Icons

Would someone be so kind to create icons for the M.2 Samsung SM951 AHCI and 960 Pro?

Here's a 960 EVO. I made it with Image2Icon free version. So could not save to ICS file. I just opened up the folder and did the same copy/paste procedure.

Attachments

• 960 EVO2.zip
    156 KB · Views: 680
Last edited:
Here's one I made for PNY SSDs with the red stripe
PNY Red.png

Last edited:
That's one thing I love about macOS, chninging icons is soooooooooo easy

What an incredible idea. Next up are the NVMe icons? Also what about SSD or NVMe icons in Clover Bootloader?

Thanks for the images and for the how to. I'm definitely interested in giving it a go.

I got kind of bored with my SSD drives having the default hard drive icons, and I was having trouble finding a nice set of custom SSD icons by brand name, so I created a simple set of 8 SSD icons for OSX. It's nice to show your fast drives from those slow old-school spinners. Hopefully others might find these useful as well.

View attachment 50771

Some icon tools to get you started creating your own:

SSD icon Photoshop Template: DOWNLOAD

Hard Drive icon Photoshop Template: DOWNLOAD

Img2icns App (Create OSX icons from image files): LINK
(On a Retina display if this app doesn't work, Get Info and check "Open in Low Resolution".)

Basic Photoshop instructions: LINK

Basic Gimp instructions: LINK

Just had me all nostalgic for the long abandoned software utility called CandyBar by Panic Software. It was a brilliant piece of software that catered for superb-quality icons. I realise now I originally bought it over 10 years ago. No longer works.

So thank you to the OP and everyone else for keeping the interest going! :thumbup:

:)

Great idea! Thx!

Back