Contribute
Register

Custom SSD Icons

Somehow all of the custom icons i downloaded today cant be loaded at the tiny top left area where im supposed to copy from. Any idea why its doing that? ive rebooted my hackintosh and repaired permissions and its still the same
Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 10.34.33 PM.png

Somehow all of the custom icons i downloaded today cant be loaded at the tiny top left area where im supposed to copy from. Any idea why its doing that? ive rebooted my hackintosh and repaired permissions and its still the same
View attachment 200040

Same thing happens on my genuine MacBook Pro under El Capitan (10.11.4)
It's not a Hackintosh only thing. As long as the icons show up fine on the desktop.(And the icons still copy/paste fine even when showing blank like that.)

For a while, my work 27" iMac wasn't displaying some icons even on the desktop, but only for a brief spell, now it works fine. I think El Capitan might be a little buggy when it comes to icons.

Awesome that this thread is still going! Great icons people have come up with, way better than my original batch!

What about WD? Or Seagate?

View attachment 200040

What can be done is a little strange.
  1. Open the icon in Preview.
  2. Press Command+A to select all.
  3. Press Command+C to copy to clipboard
  4. Press get info on the drive you want to change
  5. Click the icon in the top (By the name, but not in title bar)
  6. Press Command+V to paste it
Hope this helped!

Could someone do a WD Red 2TB please?

Thanks a lot.

I just purchased a 2009 Mac Pro that has already been flashed from a 4,1 to a 5,1 (still waiting for new cpus!) and I had some drives I wanted to plug-in, but couldn't find icons for. WD Red 8TB, WD White 8TB, & WD Green 4TB:
macOS-WD-8TB-White.png macOS-WD-8TB-Red.png wd-4tb-green.png

Attachments

• WD Icons.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 709
Last edited:
Not very skilled in the amazing arts of photoshop , can someone help with my Intel Series 5 SATA SSD? Thank You!
160414160023560232.jpg

Back