6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone! I have made icons for the most common SSD's and HDD's. Here is a very easy tutorial on how to use them. It is a cool way to differentiate between your different drives and personalize your install of OS X. I have made the steps detailed so that the people who are completly new to OS X can follow, so I apologize if the steps are a little bit obvious. If you already know how to change icons in OS X you can skip the tutorial and download the icons :)

If you have a SSD or HDD that I do not have an icon for and you want one, let me know the model and I will make it for you and update the download link.

topimage.jpg

Step 1. Download the Kraitintosh Custom Drive Icon Files (I named the icon collection after my build :p).

Step 2. Unzip and open the Kraitintosh Icon Files folder

Step 3. Right click the icon that you want to use and click Get Info.

icon1.jpg

Step 4. Left click on the icon's preview at the top left of the Get Info window so that it is highlighted in blue. Then on the menu bar go to Edit and click Copy. (or with the icon preview highlighted use CMD+C on your keyboard)

icon2.jpg

Step 5. Now right click on the drive you want house this icon for. Then click get info.

icon3.jpg

Step 6. Now Left click on the Drive's preview icon at the top of the Get Info window so that it is highlighted in blue. Then on the menu bar go to Edit and click Paste. (or with the icon preview highlighted use CMD+V on your keyboard)

icon4.jpg

Step 7. Repeat this for every drive you wish to change. (Note that to change the icon on a windows NTFS formatted drive you need to have write access to the drive)

Done! Hope you guys enjoyed!

icon6.jpg

Thanks for the icons, looks much nicer.

Could you make two icons for me, these are external drives, one is a Seagate Freeagent GoFlex, and Seagate Backup Plus Slim.

Would be really grateful. I have these drives always connected, and the stock icon kinda sucks.

Thanks for the icons, looks much nicer.

Could you make two icons for me, these are external drives, one is a Seagate Freeagent GoFlex, and Seagate Backup Plus Slim.

Would be really grateful. I have these drives always connected, and the stock icon kinda sucks.

Hey, Sorry I haven't had a chance to check back here in a little while. Yes I can make those icons for you, however when I googled both the drives there was a couple different looking drives that go by each name. Could you give me the model numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back