HD 7750
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As I move onto my next project, I was hoping that a fellow modder coud point me in the right direction on a couple of things. First and foremost: does anyone make, or know where I can purchase a custom Mac Pro rear i/o PCB? I want to avoid cutting my case but still want rear panel functionality. I know zammykoo on insanelymac used to make G5 rear panel i/o boards, but I need a Mac Pro one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Second, I am wondering about my power requirements for the build. Below is my list of components

ASUS P8z77-M Pro
i5-2500k (plan on OC to 4.7-5.0)
Sapphire HD6850 1 GB
4 GB Corsair Vengeance LP x2 (maybe up to 4 in the future)
LG Blu ray writer
Samsung 830 128 GB SSD
potentially 1-3 WD green HDDs
Noctua DH-14 cooler
4 Mac Pro 120 mm case fans (these may be swapped for Noctuas if I cannot get them running)
Internal Apple BT
2-3 USB devices

I was looking at getting a silverstone as they are 100% modular and are 140 x 150 so I should be able to easily fit them inside the Mac Pro PSU cage. The SFX 450W is only like 120x110 but I am guessing that might be a little light for my needs even if it is 80 plus gold. Do I need 600? 650? or will the 500-500 be enough. Thanks.

You can try this out to test your power needs
http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/index.jsp

As for the rear PCB set up you'll have to google that one out, as on this site there is no user to user exchange when it comes to buying parts.
At one point I saw one about in google land but it has been a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back