Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asd
CPU
i9
Graphics
radeon
Hello everyone and thanks a lot for this amazing website.
As on the title, I'm looking for some advice to build a very powerful audio machine, which I will use in a professional audio recording studio.

My level of experience with PC building is less then zero, I never done it but I know how to connect RAM and SSD. lol
But I want to do it myself to make sure only quality components are inside. Please forgive me in advance if I do stupid question as I'm new in this world

Following the guide I've choose the following
Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60
Ram: 64GB Ballistix Sport LT BLS4C16G4D240FSC/BLS4K16G4D240FSC
Ssd: 500GB Samsung 860 evo
Power Supply: Corsair RM650X
Graphic card: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570 8GB GDDR5
Case: /
Operative system: I'm so in love with Yosemite, never updated since then on my MacBook Pro, works well with audio.

Advice I really need
1: The audio card I use is an RME Firewire 800 so it is mandatory for me to have Firewire port
2: Silence is also mandatory for a recording studio, so no noisy fun, etc., etc.
4 : I need lots of USB as most of the hardware I use for recording needs to be connected not to an hub to avoid communication problems.
3: Do I miss something in the list to have a full hackintosh?
4: Which case? In the guide I've read (CustoMac Pro) gives me only one but I will like something solid like and maybe also look like a apple one.

Thanks in advance.

I'm so in love with yosemite, never updated since then on my mac book pro, works well with audio
You'd need to build with older hardware to use Yosemite as your OS. Since Yosemite was new in 2014, nearly 5 years ago, it doesn't have support for new Coffee Lake refresh systems. Apple does not go back to older versions of macOS and then add support for newer chipsets.

Hello everyone and thanks a lot for this amazing website,
As on the title I'm looking for some advice to build a very powerful audio machine, which I will use in a professional audio recording studio

My level of experience with pc building is less then zero, I never done it but I know how to connect ram and ssd lol
but I want to do it myself to make sure only quality components are inside, please forgive me in advance if I do stupid question as I'm new in this world

Following the guide I've choose the following
Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K 3.60Ghz 16M Lga1151 Bx80684I99900K 985966
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60
Ram: 64gb Ballistix Sport LT BLS4C16G4D240FSC/BLS4K16G4D240FSC
Ssd: 500 gb Samsung 860 evo
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Graphic card: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570 Radeon RX 570 8GB GDDR5
Case: /
Operative system: I'm so in love with yosemite, never updated since then on my mac book pro, works well with audio

Advices I really need
1: The audio card I use is an RME firewire 800 so it is mandatory for me to have firewire port
2: Silence is also mandatory for a recording studio, so no noisy fun etc etc
4 : I need lots of usb most of the hardware I use for recording needs to be connected not to an hub to avoid communication problems
4: which case? in the guide I've read (customac pro) gives me only one but I will like something solid like and maybe also look like a apple one

Thanks in advance

You need older hardware like Haswell to be able to run Yosemite. New hardware like the one you listed is compatible only with High Sierra and Mojave.

I have a X99 system with a i7 5820K CPU (6 core) which is able to run Yosemite. If you really need Yosemite you may try to source a second hand Z97 or X99 motherboard with the necessary CPU.

let's say I go Mojave, do I have possibility with this to install a firewire port? that's mandatory for me, I will like also if someone here is working with audio with hackintosh if they are stable for audio processing?
anyone?

You need older hardware like Haswell to be able to run Yosemite. New hardware like the one you listed is compatible only with High Sierra and Mojave.

After some research I've seen that my hardware is not having any problem to run with Mojave so I've decided, still have some questions

1: Can I put a firewire port on that motherboard?
2: I need Super silent cooling system? is my choise good?
4 : I need lots of usb most of the hardware I use for recording needs to be connected not to an hub to avoid communication problems is there anything with more usb?
4: which box? I like somthing like this "BitFenix Prodigy (Black)"

1. Yes, just need a compatible card and a PCIe x1 slot to install it in.
2. An H60 is far from being silent. Try a Noctua NH-D15 instead or some other capable Noctua air cooler.
3. Looks like most of what you'll need.
4. You have a 15 port limit that you can't exceed anyway so stay with this board if it works well for your needs.
5. I don't think all this hardware would fit in a Bitfenix Prodigy case look for a bigger one.

Thanks for your quick answer
2. An H60 is far from being silent. Try a Noctua NH-D15 instead or some other capable Noctua air cooler.
I was thinking about something with "liquid cooling system"cause I read somewhere that it cool down the cpu better

5. I don't think all this hardware would fit in a Bitfenix Prodigy case look for a bigger one.
the only one advice in the "customac pro guide" is this one Corsair Carbide 300R but it looks cheap to me from the picture, I'm loocking for something like the old powermac pro from apple, with truly solid case, does it exist or there is something more solid in the market?

and.. does the Noctua NH-D15 fits inside this setup and case?

with truly solid case, does it exist or there is something more solid in the market?
If you don't have the time or skills to mod an old Powermac case choose a basic looking good case that does what you want. For Pro audio work a quiet and well cooled case is most important. The Bitfenix won't meet those requirements. Have a look at a Fractal Design R5 or R6. It will be quiet and give you plenty of room for a large and quiet air cooler. Is well built and dampens any noise produced by fans. Phanteks also makes some high quality cases at good prices.

Honestly if your building a pro audio system, build it into a rack mount chassis and stick it in your rack with your audio gear. Also go with Windows 10, since it's natively supported. OSX updates are going to screw your system up bad. Build a separate hackintosh for web browsing, internet, Netflix, and whatever else. Both my systems are i7 3770 and fly, no issues.

Also go with Windows 10, since it's natively supported.
How to run Logic Pro X on Windows ? Maybe Karruba wants to avoid Windows because he simply dislikes using it and prefers macOS. If MS forbid installing Windows on specific hardware how many people would go to as much trouble as we do here to get it working on that unsupported hardware ? Not very many. Also Windows updates can bork your system quite easily and the updates are a PITA due to the length of time it takes to download and install them. Some things to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back