?
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all!
I have to say that this page is amazing! so much resources and help!
I am planning to build a custom mac for first time, here are the components I want to get:

[URL='http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007KZQFF2/?tag=tonymacx86-21']Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UD5H Motherboard

[/URL]Intel 3rd Generation Core i7-3770K CPU
Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengenace 16GB 1600MHz CL10 DDR3 Memory Two Module Kit
Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower Gaming Case

OCZ AGT3-25SAT3-120G Agility 3 120GB SATA III 2.5 inch SSD
Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2UK Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 High Performance 650W Power Supply
Corsair CWCH60 Water Cooler
LaCie Firewire 800 PCI Card
Seagate ST31000524AS 3.5 inch Barracuda 1TB GB 7200rpm SATA Drive with 32MB Buffer

So, until here everything ok.....

My problem is now choosing the graphic card. I need compatibility with FCP studio, FCPX, Adobe Pr, Adobe Ae and Davinci Resolve. All of them work perfectly in my macbook pro i7 from 2011.

I have two Dell Ultrasharp U2711 27" for this computer and I would like to use a card that has a dual dual-link DVI, so I have 2560 x 1440 resolution.

Every time I get to find a card, I find hundred of problems with the card, I am planning to use mountain lion, but I don't care, I would be happy using lion if I find the correct graphic card.

The cards that I am thinking are:

Sapphire 11180-00-20R HD6850 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Asus 1GB GeForce GTX 560TI DirectCUII PCI-E Graphics Card

Would you recommend any of this ones? or would you get a different one?

Thankss!

Both of those cards will work. I have heard of some compatibility issues with the NVidia 5xx cards, but in general people have been successful with them. I would search around the site for a card + FCPX or one of the other applications you're using to see whether there are issues. The 6850 will work well, but you will need to install using integrated graphics and only add in the 6850 after the install is done.

All of the other parts look great. My one recommendation would be to switch the SSD for a Samsung 830, Crucial M4, or Sandisk Extreme. These SSDs are only a few pounds extra and offer better performance and much better reliability (OCZ SSDs have had higher failure rates than these brands). I have a Samsung 830 and it works great!

Good luck with your build!

PS: with either of those graphics cards, you could probably step the PSU down to a 550 or 600W (assuming it's from a good brand like the corsair you've got now).

Such fast response! I will jump into the 6850 and I will change the SSD, My biggest concern was to have the full screen resolution, it would be silly to have a monitor that has 2560 x 1440 resolution and use it with 1920 x 1080.... I have been using this monitors for a while and it would be difficult to go back to a lower res....
Thank you very much! now..... wait until I get paid and jump into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back