Contribute
Register

Custom Fan Profiles? [macOS 10.14.3] Dell XPS 15 9570 i7-8750H 1080p Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you implemented the adjustments Sevinkroff posted for the power management issues related to audio, which is likely since your sleep is working with brightness adjustment enabled, then your EFI may currently be the 'best' EFI available for our specific configuration.
That's great! Have you tried this upgrade for audio? Not sure which one you refer to.
I haven't tried HDMI for now.

Hi Gents, I was reading through the thread and saw you have the same config as I do. I'm super new to this, I've read almost every guide I've come across, all the basics and some advanced stuff that's way over my head and I've got a stable Mojave 10.14.4 build running on my xps. I'm waiting for my DW1560 to arrive from china and i'm trying to get my basic kexts installed, but I'm kind of confused on what kexts should go in the EFI mounted clover/kexts/other dir and what should go in library/extensions. I've looked at a bunch of different EFI's Downloaded the Hackintool, Kext updater, but i'm hesitant to do anything. Last time I used MultiBeast and like an idiot I was using the Clover Configurator to view my config.plist. I altered something and hosed my install. After several hours, I finally got found the EFI that worked. The learning curve is steep and I'm trying my best, but I could use some assistance. I still also don't completely understand the correlation between editing the config.plist and the kexts etc. any suggestions would be appreciated. i'd be happy to upload the EFI i am using tomorrow.

Last edited:
Today I installed RehabMan's fork of kozlek's FakeSMC.kext with sensor kexts and HWMonitor.app to monitor temperatures.

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/RehabMan-FakeSMC-2018-0915.zip

I installed the HWMonitor.app to Applications and used KextBeast to install FakeSMC.kext and the remaining sensor kext files to /Library/Extensions.

Is that the correct way to do that? Is it okay to have a second FakeSMC.kext located in the /Library/Extensions folder on the SSD since I already have a another one in my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other folder on the SSD?

Also, I am currently unable to control the fans. HWMonitor shows the minus sign under System Fan but does display the fan speed when it comes on automatically. Should there be two fans listed or does HWMonitor group both fans together as System Fan?

I installed Macs Fan Control and it just shows 'Left Fan' (when it comes on automatically) and am unable to set any custom profiles. Is that normal? I ran Geekbench today and the temperatures got to 82C before the fan spun up to around 2500rpm.

I didn't know what the default temperature fan thresholds were but it would be nice to be able to be able to set the fans to come on sooner if possible. It would also be nice to know that both fans are spinning when needed and not just one.

If that can be solved, the next things to fix (if possible) would be getting the audio to not crackle/static through the headphone jack (Realtek ALC3266), (audio is currently fine through the speakers), be able to use HDMI out, and possibly adjust the trackpad so it doesn't skip down in location when I double click it. Trackpad gestures would be helpful but I don't know how difficult that is to fix.
Were you ever able to figure out how to make the track pad gestures work? I'm currently using a build by Bavarian Cake https://github.com/bavariancake/XPS9570-macOS and it works near flawlessly, but there are no trackpad gestures. My first attempt I was using a build by Nokrato https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/xps-15-9570-mojave.275061/ in which the gestures worked, but I wasn't able to get the graphics acceleration working. I'm just barely smart enough to figure this out and i'm learning more everyday. I have read that using the voodooI2c.kext will enable the advanced gestures, but I need some documentation on how/where to implement. Thoughts?

Attachments

• XPS_9570_EFI.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back