Contribute
Register

Custom ETH0 SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to belabor the point -- you tried adding an empty DSM or FAKE method to a different device (not GLAN) and still...to quote Bruce Willis in The 5th Element, it went bada boom??

I wonder if Change _DSM to XDSM is causing conflicts with a modified DSDT...
if you change _DSM to XDSM in your DSDT then you would have to do that in all your extracted SSDT's

best to use config.plist for renames

best way to extract and compile DSDT and SSDTs:
(it is in the laptop section but the principles are still the same)

and the section for hotpatch method

also best to make sure your patchmatic output disassembles without error (with iasl -da -dl *.aml).

@Feartech raises an important point:
  • Press F4 (if I recall correctly) at the Clover Boot Menu to dump original DSDT and SSDT files to CLOVER/ACPI/origin.
  • Then boot into macOS.
  • Follow the instructions in second link above to properly disassemble the entire set of files together. You will need to do something like this:
    • Mount EFI partition of SSD and copy the entire set of files from CLOVER/ACPI/origin to a dedicated folder in Documents or wherever suitable.
    • Let's assume we copy all the files into Documents/ACPI
    • Also copy DTPG.aml into this Documents/ACPI folder
    • Let's also assume we have RehabMan's MaciASL 1.3.1 installed in the Applications folder.
    • We would then type this in Terminal:
      Code:
      cd ~/Documents/ACPI
      /Applications/MaciASL\ 1.3.1.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl62 -da -dl DSDT* SSDT*
  • Then edit the DSDT.dsl file, make your changes to it, and save it as both a dsl and an aml file with a different name.
  • Copy the new aml to the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder and enter its name in Clover Configurator --> ACPI --> System DSDT.
  • Reboot...

Last edited:
if you change _DSM to XDSM in your DSDT then you would have to do that in all your extracted SSDT's

Makes sense, but it's still a mystery to me, why certain devices won't work without the change from _DSM to XDSM.
It'd be even better to be able to leave that patch out.

Press F4 (if I recall correctly) at the Clover Boot Menu to dump original DSDT and SSDT files to CLOVER/ACPI/origin.

Been working with them all way through, unless you told me to do otherwise.

• Then edit the DSDT.dsl file, make your changes to it, and save it as both a dsl and an aml file with a different name.
  • Copy the new aml to the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder and enter its name in Clover Configurator --> ACPI --> System DSDT.
  • Reboot...

Done that, still panics. Panics on any and every DSDT I put in the folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back