Contribute
Register

Custom built Desk with watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cannot see the link given but i imagine it is something along the lines of this
L3P_500_333.jpg
i am looking forward to seeing your finished project i have often thought about doing the same thing with a coffe table using a laptop innards and making some spread out cells with a vga signal sender to cut out the wires.
what are you going to be using for the top surface ?

i cannot see the link given but i imagine it is something along the lines of this
View attachment 100740
i am looking forward to seeing your finished project i have often thought about doing the same thing with a coffe table using a laptop innards and making some spread out cells with a vga signal sender to cut out the wires.
what are you going to be using for the top surface ?

Hey Angydangy

Indeed we're pretty much building something similar ;)

We use the same material everywhere: black coated MDF; should be solid enough and affordable!

Grtz

Day 4

Another great day has passed and lots more work got done! Where last week was all about preparing and patiently building, meaning that you couldn't always see fast progress and changes, this week the desk really had a big facelift! :)

Here's a list of things we've done:
* Attached the lid to the desk!! :)
* Added front I/O (2x USB 3.0 and audio ripped from an Antec NSK 4000B II ^^)
* Finally figured out where to put the PSU!! Thank you @Neilhart for bringing up the idea to hide it in the legs! That way we had to cut a big piece out of the false wall --> still figuring out exactly how to attach it...
* Attached the motherboard by 8 square pieces of MDF as standoffs ;)

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 901
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    808.7 KB · Views: 510
  • photo 9.jpg
    photo 9.jpg
    776.2 KB · Views: 487
  • photo 8.jpg
    photo 8.jpg
    726.8 KB · Views: 543
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    801.9 KB · Views: 489
Day 5

Today the PSU has finally found it's place and we found quite an easy solution! We used 4 clips like these: (http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/...wardrobe-kitchen-cabinet-clip/1796036005.html).

We also added an alluminium frame to attach the GPU's!

Lastly we figured out exactly how to route the water flow etc. One question remains that keeps bugging me: the GPU's pull air to them and will be located next to the radiator. I want to have my fans inside, between the radiator and the GPU. So basically the air will be pulled through the radiator to the GPU's and excessive air will also be pushed outside. Will this work to keep the radiator cool? I've added a drawing of how I see this happening.

The second drawing changes the position of the radiator and the fans; this time they push air through the radiator instead of sucking it through; which, I think, fans are better at?

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    633.5 KB · Views: 467
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 450
  • design air.png
    design air.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 388
  • design air 2.png
    design air 2.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 360
Looking good man!

Keep up the good work and all the updates!

Would be really cool if you could integrate the speakers (or at least mount them somewhere else) as the build you gave as an example was kind of ruined by the speakers just sat on the desk top.

Day 4

Another great day has passed and lots more work got done! Where last week was all about preparing and patiently building, meaning that you couldn't always see fast progress and changes, this week the desk really had a big facelift! :)

Here's a list of things we've done:
* Attached the lid to the desk!! :)
* Added front I/O (2x USB 3.0 and audio ripped from an Antec NSK 4000B II ^^)
* Finally figured out where to put the PSU!! Thank you @Neilhart for bringing up the idea to hide it in the legs! That way we had to cut a big piece out of the false wall --> still figuring out exactly how to attach it...
* Attached the motherboard by 8 square pieces of MDF as standoffs ;)

put tabs in the opening then attach with velcro..(for easy access to psu).

this is great man i am enjoying your thread and i like that you used mdf.
It's looking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back