Graphics
GeForce GT610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've tried to do a clean install from UniBeast ML 10.8.3 on to a 'CustoMac' (GA-Z87MX-D3H, Intel i5 4440, 8GbRAM. WD 500Gb HDD) but all I get after the Unibeast boot screen is a white screen with the Apple symbol. I've tried all the optional boot arguments but get no further.

I did succeeded in installing ML 10.8.3 on my old Hackintosh (Asus MB, Intel Core 2 Duo) so the Unibeast USB drive is fine. However on this old machine, try as I may I can not get it to boot from the HDD.

Can somebody please help on either of these issues?

Try removing any discrete graphics card - connect monitor to on-board DVI connector.
Set BIOS to Optimized Defaults - Disable VT-d

Boot with -v -x

Good Luck

Hi thanks for the suggestions.
I was only running the mobo + onboard graphics (dvi) + HDD on the CustoMac. I did try with VT-d off but made no progress.

I did however have more luck with my old 2009 Hackintosh. To get it to boot required the HDD to be MBR partition map not GUID as given in the guide. With DSDT Free option in Multibeast all works fine, including sound. (Spec: ASUS P5KPL-AM SE mobo, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz, 2Gb 800MHz DD2 SDRAM, GeForce 9500GT). This machine runs really well with Mountain Lion (as it did originally with Leopard).

As far as the CustoMac is concerned, I cloned the HDD from my Hackintosh above and installed it. Low and behold everything worked. However there are still issues with the on-board graphics which I will solve by installing another GeForce card.

In general it seems to me that graphics are the source of most problems when building a Hackintosh.

I am also having the exact same problem. I am using the same mono GA-287M-D3H, intel i5-4570(3.2 mhz) and Sniper G.Skill (8 gb, 2x 4gb) , 1333 mhz ram, and WD refurbished 1 GB hard drive. Using on-board display cards. I have tried reformatting the USB stick twice with fresh download of Unibeast with ML and even added Multibeast files. Is it possible that the Sniper G.skill is not compatible? I also get the white screen without the Apple logo after the color wheel spins for some time. But if I hit any key the apple logo comes back. Any help will be appreciated.

CustoMac not installing ML

Hi Bileacid

I got my CustoMac to work by cloning a successful Unibeast ML installation from my other Hackintosh. The on-board graphics with the Intel i5 4440 caused some problems initially, so I installed an inexpensive graphics card: GeForce 610 silent (big heat sink). The whole thing works well, but strangely I do not get the rotating wheel thing on the white Apple logo screen on startup. Startup takes about 20seconds to get to my desktop.

I am still curious to find out why the Unibeast ML installer crashes on this hardware configuration and will let you know if I find a solution. (I am convinced it's the on-board graphics but I am working on it.).

Thanks. I am also using on-board graphics for my ML installation. Maybe if I installed a separate video card do you think will solve the installation issue?

I've tried installation of ML using a great combination of settings, with and without on-board graphics and none have worked to date. Unibeast (with -v) gives me about 23 screens of read hfs+ files and then stops with a black screen when it tries to boot the Darwin Bootloader. The cause of this still escapes me. Maybe someone else has the answer. To recap I have a 'CustoMac' GA-Z87MX-D3H, Intel i5 4440, 8GbRAM. WD 500Gb HDD.

On the otherhand, the cloned ML installation works OK on this hardware combination + GeForce 610 + TP-Link WDN4800. In fact sound and wi-fi all work - the TP-Link is plug and play. It just won't do an install from a Unibeast USB. ???

Thanks a lot. I was thinking of booting with the verbose to see the loading sequence to see where it stops. Based on what you say, it looks like it may not help. It will be great if I can get hold of your cloned ML installation file.

My cloned installation may be too big to upload/download. I'll check it out.
This weekend I'm going to try a Unibeast Mavericks USB installation to see if I have more success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back