Contribute
Register

Current Custom PC Able to Install MacOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Q-170m-c
CPU
Intel i5 6500 Skylake
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti
Hi guys,

I've had a custom Windows 10 PC that I've used for music production, but I've switched to Logic Pro X for that and am going to build a Hackintosh. I'm trying to see if my current parts are compatible:

Motherboard: Asus Q170m-c
Processor: Intel i5 6500
RAM: 8 gb Kingston ValueRAM DDR4 2133mhz, two 4gb sticks
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 ti
Power Supply: EVGA 500w 80 plus
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb

I'm pretty confident all these parts will work, I'm just slightly unsure about the motherboard and RAM. I think I saw someone in the forums mentioned they had a hackintosh running the same motherboard, and I'm just trying to make sure my RAM is ok.

Also, since I already have Windows 10 installed, is there anyway to completely erase it after I backup needed files so I can install MacOS on it?

Thanks for the help

Hi guys,

I've had a custom Windows 10 PC that I've used for music production, but I've switched to Logic Pro X for that and am going to build a Hackintosh. I'm trying to see if my current parts are compatible:

Motherboard: Asus Q170m-c
Processor: Intel i5 6500
RAM: 8 gb Kingston ValueRAM DDR4 2133mhz, two 4gb sticks
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 ti
Power Supply: EVGA 500w 80 plus
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb

I'm pretty confident all these parts will work, I'm just slightly unsure about the motherboard and RAM. I think I saw someone in the forums mentioned they had a hackintosh running the same motherboard, and I'm just trying to make sure my RAM is ok.

Also, since I already have Windows 10 installed, is there anyway to completely erase it after I backup needed files so I can install MacOS on it?

Thanks for the help

Your build should be compatible with MacOS Sierra and High Sierra.

No need to worry about Kingston RAM. I am using a pair of Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4-2400 RAM in my system, and it works fine. Previously I used a pair of Kingston DDR4-2133 16GB RAM and it also worked fine.

If you are certain you have no more need for Windows, you can erase and repartition your SSD using Disk Utility, which can be launched from the MacOS installation program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back