Contribute
Register

Cube to the MAX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've upgrade to 10.9.1 with App Store updater, but I've lost the audio devices!
where did I go wrong?

Did you re-run MultiBeast using all of your original MB settings after you did the update? If not, I'm thinking that should solve your problem :)

I prefer to reinstall only ALC892 Kext from Multibeast package and it's ok.
Now the audio device is available again.

I thought this was kinda cool...

Last November, Adam Banks, the editor-in-chief of MacUser Magazine in the UK contacted me. He wanted to to do a spot in their January issue of the mag that featured my i7 Cube. I guess he had stumbled across it somehow and thought it'd be a good fit for the 'Mac Rescue' slot featured monthly in each issue.

I did a brief write-up for him and sent a few photos. I wanted to remain anonymous, as I'm not seeking anything out of this other than promoting this fantastic hobby of modding old Macs. They called me 'Gabe Hunter', which I got quite a chuckle out of. My family and close friends call me Gabe now... :lol:

I ensured that MacUser Magazine put a plug in for the TonyMacx86 workshop forum. They did just that. Adam posted me a hard copy of the January issue, too. There's really no place I could find to buy an issue in Canada, as circulation is very limited on this side of the pond.

Here's a few photos for everyone's view. None of my mods would've been possible without this website and especially this Workshop Forum. All the regular contributors here deserved some recognition, I tried to use this opportunity to make sure they got it.

biwe.jpg

8b6q.jpg

A screenshot taken from the digital copy of the January issue for clarity of the text.

7oz1.png

Cheers!

Ersterhernd

Totally Awesome.

Congrats!

- chaos

Its using a Dell PA-10 90W AC Adapter PA-1900-02D2.

Never any issue with it.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back