Contribute
Register

Cube to the MAX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi pep-one, I used the .dmg on this machine. I've used software update on a NUC system, worked the same.

Cheers!

Been tracking the Cube's on E-Bay. After all the years still a sweet case. Good Luck.

Hey Ersterhernd

As i mentioned in your thread, i undertook my own Cube project using yours as inspiration - i seem to have everything working so far, however i have run into a few problems .

1. I cannot find a DSDT so im forced to go DSDTless
2. It is failing to read my 4TB 3.5" HDD - picks it up as 4TB but says that its a single 500gb parition and failed to be read? (in port1 6gbps)
3. Can't find a working AppleHDA.kext for onboard HDMI audio out?

I am currently on BIOS 0048.

I don't suppose you ran into any of these problems ? and if so; How were you able to rectify them?

Hi rayd, sorry cant help you with the HDD, but the attached might solve your DSDT and Audio issues.

How you liking the cube? I love mine. Use it every day.

Cheers!

Attachments

• rayd.zip
    856.6 KB · Views: 159
Hi rayd, sorry cant help you with the HDD, but the attached might solve your DSDT and Audio issues.

How you liking the cube? I love mine. Use it every day.

Cheers!

Thanks a bunch mate, tried the kext you provided, seems to be the same as the ones i have used in that HDMI audio does not show up in system preferences however the line out works. i guess i will have to use it.

Other than that one small issue, The Cube is running amazing ! best hackintosh i've built to date :)
This motherboard is great everything just works, thanks so much for your tip to use it.

I'll be posting pics of my build soon so keep an eye out :)

Hi ersterhernd,
can I ask you how you connected the system fan to motherboard?
I have a single 92 mm Noctua fan at the bottom and I would add a 60 mm Noctua fan at the top of build, but I don't know how can I connect it to motherboard.
Thank you!

Hi pep_one, I used a simple fan splitter cable for the extra 60mm vent fan and the 92mm intake. I can't even remember where I ordered it from. The header on the board can handle the little added current of the 60.

Cheers!

Hi pep_one, I used a simple fan splitter cable for the extra 60mm vent fan and the 92mm intake. I can't even remember where I ordered it from. The header on the board can handle the little added current of the 60.

Cheers!

May i ask why you didn't opt to use the Sys_Fan1 Header?

ive got my GEILD CPU cooler in the CPU_Fan1 header
and a 120mm fan in the Sys_Fan1 header

Cheers!

So a simple splitter cable, thank you ersterhernd helpful, as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back