HD 7750
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Not really sure why I have made this a post when it should probably be a direct question to the master of the cube switch, mini hack, but in case anyone else has had this problem - let me know if you have a fix. I had a perfectly working Cube mod with a DH61AG. However, as I'm sure all of you can appreciate, I wanted to make it better by adding a wifi card so that I could lose the ethernet cable. I took it apart put it in, but now as soon as I plug the power cord in the power LED glows (slightly dimmer than "normal") and "pushing" the touch power button does nothing - no change in LED intensity and no power on. If I unplug my little self made header that connects the mobo to the powerswitch (LED and on/off) and replace it with a standard 2 wire power switch, the computer powers on just fine. This tells me that there is likely something wrong with either my self made wiring, the LED/power "button" itself or both. Any suggestions? I didn't make any changes to either, but something could have gotten jostled while taking the cage apart and putting it back together. Appreciate anyone's comments/help.

Hi Spence,

All I can suggest is exactly what you have already noted - you need to check what wiring you may have jostled (!). It is a tricky little circuit but essentially for the switch to work you need the 5v SB voltage connected properly, the switch connections the right way around and the switch also needs the earth connection - if those four things check out then the proximity switch should work so maybe strip what you have done back to those four and start from there. In a way you can ignore/remove any direct LED connections as that is not essential to the circuit functioning as a switch.

Once you have got the switch working you can then re-apply whatever way you used to get the LED to glow.

Thanks, mini hack. I hope to have a little time to goof with it in the next couple weeks. I just figured out my 450W SFX PSU wasn't providing enough power to my Mac Pro. Got any recommendations for a PSU with enough juice that will fit nicely inside the original PSU cage? Will let you know what happens with the Cube. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back