Contribute
Register

Cube Switch Modding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I found one of these just perusing my local Microcenter...

http://osepp.com/products/sensors-arduino-compatible/touch-sensor/

Kids these days have everything. When I was young, wiring up touch sensors was akin to black magic. Now these little hobby breakouts are everywhere. :thumbup:

Well the problem with this touch sensor is that you also need a Arduino board to run the required code. The Adafruit touch sensors that I recommend are standalone and do not need an external microcontroller.

Good mooding,
neil

Hello

im trying to use the original sensor switch but the pictures of the begining of the post are not working

im just searching the pin out of the original switch board

can i have help please

thank you

Hello

im trying to use the original sensor switch but the pictures of the begining of the post are not working

im just searching the pin out of the original switch board

can i have help please

thank you

Sorry about the pic.s - I used imageshack for my pic.s a while ago until they started charging. I will take a look through my pi.cs on my MBA and update as soon as I get the chance.

Okay - done now!

Hi there. I realise this is a really old thread but I am trying to get an original cube touch sensor to work. I'm not so electronic savvy but I'm doing my best. I have it hooked up to the 5v+ and the power +/- on my motherboard but it restart loops. With the power switches one way the led shines brightly. The other way the led flashes dimly.

I have tried grounding the touch sensor by attaching a wire from one of the screws but it doesn't seem to do anything. I don't have a molex plug to ground the wire so I don't know another way to do it.

Any advice on how to get it working? I'd love to have this sensor working as part of my original mod.

Cheers
RGW

Hi there. I realise this is a really old thread but I am trying to get an original cube touch sensor to work. I'm not so electronic savvy but I'm doing my best. I have it hooked up to the 5v+ and the power +/- on my motherboard but it restart loops. With the power switches one way the led shines brightly. The other way the led flashes dimly.

I have tried grounding the touch sensor by attaching a wire from one of the screws but it doesn't seem to do anything. I don't have a molex plug to ground the wire so I don't know another way to do it.

Any advice on how to get it working? I'd love to have this sensor working as part of my original mod.

Cheers
RGW
Here is the link to my build which I have now running on Mohave but I am going to go backwards to Sierra because of the age of the components, but I have still got the touch sensor working with no issues at all, You will note I used the Purple 5 volt standby wire from the power connector. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g4-cube-with-z77n-wifi-i3-3225.89235/

Here is the link to my build which I have now running on Mohave but I am going to go backwards to Sierra because of the age of the components, but I have still got the touch sensor working with no issues at all, You will note I used the Purple 5 volt standby wire from the power connector. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g4-cube-with-z77n-wifi-i3-3225.89235/

Thanks for your reply. My motherboard has a +5VSB pin I just can't figure out how to properly ground the Cube case so the touch sensor doesn't do the restart loop. The power supply I use is an external laptop brick so I can't use that to ground it. Anyone know another way I could ground the case?

Thanks for your reply. My motherboard has a +5VSB pin I just can't figure out how to properly ground the Cube case so the touch sensor doesn't do the restart loop. The power supply I use is an external laptop brick so I can't use that to ground it. Anyone know another way I could ground the case?
Do you use a PICO PSU? If you do just solder a wire to the Motherboard connector. Her's Mini Hacks tutorial that I used to do mine. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/cube-switch-modding.43924/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back