Contribute
Register

Cube Questions prior to Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The power & reset buttons that you re-used, how did you fasten them?
The small set screw and threaded aluminum receptacle appear to sit where the new motherboard needs to be.

Yes, I had to cut the jig on the top end of the PCB. The solution is called glue... :silent: I've used "Araldit" 2 component glue.

One more thing: If you position the IO-shield according to my pic, there will not be enough space to use a CPU fan!

MacTester

One more thing: If you position the IO-shield according to my pic, there will not be enough space to use a CPU fan.

Yes I see that. Still waiting for the MB to arrive so don't know exact placement yet.

The Cube build is going well, very challenging. The tiny space inside dictates that every Millimeter counts! Having some fun with this one though. Will post some pics in a few days.

Question about the installation of OSX on the DQ77KB/i3225 combo...

I walked through an almost seamless installation of 10.8.2 on this board. However, once booted, it doesn't have QE/CI graphics acceleration. Therefore, youtube vids and any other application that requires acceleration really suck. The screen resolution is a full 1680x1050 running on an old 20" Apple Cinema display via a DVI to ACD converter.

Also, the System Information shows "Display 64 MB of Shared Memory" rather then Intel HD 4000 graphics. Very odd. I tried a second installation to the same end result. There is no dsdt in place, I didn't think I needed one with this board.

Anyone have an idea where I should look to fix this?

Strange...

QE/CI worked OOB here. The only thing you have to set is your display resolution:
G4%20Cube%20Chameleon%20Boot%20Plist%202.tiff

My other settings are the following:
G4%20Cube%20Chameleon%20Boot%20Plist.tiff

Other parameters:
-Patched 0049 BIOS (sleep is working fine, no need for NullCPUPowermanagement.kext anymore)
-Macmini6.1 sysdef according to Toleda's guide (with I3 3225 SSDT)
-DSDT for HDMI Audio

Hope, this helps you!

MacTester

Thx again Mactester.

I found a patched DSDT that you posted (Bios 0045) and Generated/Patched my own SSDT using Toleda's patch and maciasl.

All is good now. Full Intel HD4000 with 512 MB, Apple 20" Cinema (I LOVE the retro look that matches the cube). Sleep 100% works.

So far so good, but damn your Cube is a tough act to follow... :thumbup:

Good to hear!

I found a patched DSDT that you posted (Bios 0045) and Generated/Patched my own SSDT using Toleda's patch and maciasl.

Which BIOS version are you using? Never use a DSDT, which does not match with the version of your BIOS!

And do not forget, we want to see pics! ;)

MacTester

Good to hear!

Which BIOS version are you using? Never use a DSDT, which does not match with the version of your BIOS!

And do not forget, we want to see pics! ;)

MacTester

Have you got a patched 0048 dsdt handy that you could post, Mactester? It'd save me doing it. The system hasn't glitched at all yet, so probably ok, but a dsdt to match the bios revision is certainly the way to go.

Also, how did you get your touch sensor? I don't see any way to order one from Edisen's site to Canada? I love the way Chaos put his sensor in behind the Apple on the front, but really want to fit it on the top where its supposed to be. There's absolutely no way the stock sensor unit will fit in there now with the MB in the way.

Cheers!

(Pics coming shortly)

Here are all my DSDT's for this board. A patchfile (which you can apply with "DSDT Editor") is also included:
View attachment Archiv.zip

I've ordered the touch sensor by the swiss importer. To send it to Canada (I love Canada :thumbup:), I would write an e-mail ([email protected]) and ask, if the pleeeease could send it to the wonderful Canada!

MacTester

Perfect thx!

I just emailed them. Hope they will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back