Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Centris, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I got a good deal on a cube and have it gutted and ready to go. I was going to put my 2014 Mac mini inside but I couldn’t bare to wreck it.

Just want to get some feedback on my motherboard choices. Thin mini-itx are lagging behind, so they are out of the question.

#1 - NUC8i5 BEH
#2 - ASRock Desk Mini 310 (mini-stx)
#3 - a board someone knows about that I haven’t seen???

With the price, I am leaning towards the ASRock deskmini. With either MB I plan to use different WiFi as in this post. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dapter-handoff-unlock-with-watch-uefi.215895/. I am going to try and reuse the heat sink bridging the gap with old heatsink material or copper. May or may not install a Sata dvd drive.

Touch switch will be tackled after I pick a mobo.

Thanks for any suggestions/help for my planning.

Mike

Motherboard
ASRock x99e-itx/ac
CPU
E5-2696 v3
Graphics
R9 Nano
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, Classic, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just want to get some feedback on my motherboard choices. Thin mini-itx are lagging behind, so they are out of the question.

#1 - NUC8i5 BEH
#2 - ASRock Desk Mini 310 (mini-stx)
#3 - a board someone knows about that I haven’t seen???
You don't have to use a thin Mini-ITX, regular Mini-ITX fit fine. You don't have to have the newest motherboard or processor to have a good hackintosh. A Xeon Sandy Bridge (2nd gen) in an X79 series will still beat that NUC. There are plenty of Mini-ITX that fit fine into a cube, or a Mini-STX at least have a CPU socket. I do have an ASRock X99E-ITX-AC mini-ITX motherboard with an E5-2696 v3 18core/36thread that will fit into a cube.

Z170, H97, H87, H61 are all workable mini-ITX options. GigaByte, ASUS, and ASRock all make mini-STX, though I do not own an ASUS one yet. I have two each of the GigaByte and ASRock and they work fine, even in a mac-mini (2006-2009) case.