Contribute
Register

cube Mac - Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7- i7-8086K - Intel UHD 630 (GTX 1080 TI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8086K
Graphics
UHD 630, GTX 1080 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
markusberger83's cube Mac Build:
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7- i7-8086K - Intel UHD 630 (GTX 1080 TI)

ll.jpeg 71l90LaoYaL._SL1500_.jpg
about.png

Contents

Components
Comments
General instructions
Benchmarks​

Components

Intel Core i7-8086K Processor
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB, DDR4-3200
EVGA Closed Loop CPU Cooler (CLC) 240
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING
EVGA 1000GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular
Toshiba XG5 Client SSD 256GB, M.2 NVME
Toshiba X300 High-Performance 5TB, SATA 6Gb/s
Creative Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 Sound Card
Lian Li PC-V33A Computer Case
802,11 AC WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS
LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD IPS Monitor with Thunderbolt

Comments

This community is great. Thanks to all the excellent guides here, my hack is working perfectly!

This is the 2018 upgraded version of my initial 2017 cube build. CPU is OC to 5 GHz all cores and 2 cores @ 5.2 GHZ. Using the integrated Intel UHD 630 graphics until Mojave compatible NVIDIA drivers are released. Working great so far and without any graphics glitches.

General Instructions
b1.jpg b2.jpg b3.jpg b4.jpg b5.jpg b6.jpg b7.jpg b8.jpg b9.jpg b10.jpg b11.jpg b12.jpg b13.jpg b14.jpg

• Use Clover Configurator or Xcode to make necessary config.plist adjustments
c1.png c2.png c3.png c4.png c5.png c6.png c7.png c8.png c9.png c10.png c11.png c12.png

• Use following settings/kexts to enjoy Intel UHD 630 graphics acceleration without glitches
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>
clover4700.jpeg clover4700-2.jpg

Benchmarks
geekbench.jpeg

• Cinebench 1640
cinebench.png cinebench2.png

That's pretty much it, WIFI, Bluetooth & Sound work with the built in drivers including Handoff etc. Thx again for providing so much info and the necessary tools!

Enjoy your hackmac and let's hope there will be Mojave NVIDIA drivers soon...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 400
Last edited:
EFI cannot be used

Intel Ethernet can't be used, sleep can't wake up, cpu information can't be displayed, I'm similar to your computer, but it's different from your screenshot.

Intel Ethernet can't be used, sleep can't wake up, cpu information can't be displayed, I'm similar to your computer, but it's different from your screenshot.

I can't comment on Ethernet as I'm using WiFi exclusively. You might try different Versions of IntelMausiEthernet either from Multibeast or Rehabman: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-intel-network

Sleep is always an issue with hacks, mine wakes instantly but I don't bother with making sleep work no more. Most likely due to non-implemented power management or USB devices. You can check with pmset -g assertions in terminal. You can also try using the physical power button on your case to try to wake the hack, sometimes this works better.

CPU information after installation should only display something like "Intel Core i5" etc., what I did was editing the "About my mac" contents using https://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/01/13/how-to-modify-about-this-mac-hackintosh/

Did you have High Sierra running on this system before or did you directly do a fresh install of Mojave?

I have working sleep on HS 10.13.6 with the Gaming 7. We worked it out somewhere in the @HackaShaq Golden Build.

I am still running HS and haven't done the switch to Lilu & Whatevergreen yet.

Did you have High Sierra running on this system before or did you directly do a fresh install of Mojave?

I have working sleep on HS 10.13.6 with the Gaming 7. We worked it out somewhere in the @HackaShaq Golden Build.

I am still running HS and haven't done the switch to Lilu & Whatevergreen yet.

I clean installed Mojave as I found the addition of dark mode very intriguing. On High Sierra with the NVIDIA web drivers and the GTX in use sleep was working fine. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I use the internal GPU and the GTX is without any power management in MacOS but still connected via HDMI to the monitor. This way I can change the input on the display whenever I want to use Windows for playing a game... not as elegant as having GTX acceleration in Mojave but without new webdrivers the Intel UHD 630 does a decent job. This is the first time I rely on Lilu & Whatevergreen.

I see you delidded your 8700k - my temperatures are ok on the CPU, but just out of curiosity, did you see an improvement? I’m kind of scared of damaging anything but have consired delidding as well ;) I could push the 8086k to 5.2 on all cores but it would throttle when I run stress tests...

I see you delidded your 8700k - my temperatures are ok on the CPU, but just out of curiosity, did you see an improvement? I’m kind of scared of damaging anything but have consired delidding as well ;) I could push the 8086k to 5.2 on all cores but it would throttle when I run stress tests...

Yes I delidded my 8700k and applied LiquidMetal. idle temps with the Kraken X62 (280mm AIO) are around 30 degrees and under full load it gets up to 65-70 degrees. I saw an improvement of about ~15 degrees. It helps to run the fans at lowers speeds which makes the system a bit quieter. The delid I did with der8auers tool and the help of some Youtube videos. It was not so difficult and for now I haven't had any issues with it (running my system now for 4 months).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back