Contribute
Register

Crucial DDR4 Alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have GA-Z170X-UD5-TH and 6700K and ... I am living in Finland and I need some RAMs asap...

Go to the RAM manufacturers website and use their 'Memory Configurators' to find what RAM will work in your board. Do a Google search for "Crucial Memory Configurator," "G.Skill Memory Configurator," "Kingston Memory Configurator," "Corsair Memory Configurator," etc. (ADATA, GEIl, Patriot, etc.) Mushkin will probably be impossible to find... You'll want a single kit of four modules, 4x16GB, DS (dual rank).

Oh, Is it that simple. Every RAM that works with motherboard works also with OS X / MacOS? Is there some major reason why Crucials are recommended?
Thanks!
It is that simple and if you follow kiiroaka's advice and check the memory OEM and the model you choose is on both lists then you are really golden.

Go to the RAM manufacturers website and use their 'Memory Configurators' to find what RAM will work in your board. Do a Google search for "Crucial Memory Configurator," "G.Skill Memory Configurator," "Kingston Memory Configurator," "Corsair Memory Configurator," etc. (ADATA, GEIl, Patriot, etc.) Mushkin will probably be impossible to find... You'll want a single kit of four modules, 4x16GB, DS (dual rank).

It is that simple and if you follow kiiroaka's advice and check the memory OEM and the model you choose is on both lists then you are really golden.

Thank you very much for your help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back