CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello. I have just purchased a gigabyte h310 d3 motherboard, a core i5-8400 8th gen processor and 1x 8b cmv8gx4m1a2133c15 corsair ddr4 memory. I successfully installed windows on an ssd but when installing high Sierra using clover with the recommended bios settings, I manage to load start the installer. I get to the apple logo with the load bar and then the crossed out circle appears. can anyone help me fix this?

@thatshype, please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

Thanks for the quick reply. I loaded it in verbose mode and this is what it gave me.

Attachments

• C1A3729A-818E-4A80-9DA4-70AABF285DA4.jpeg
    C1A3729A-818E-4A80-9DA4-70AABF285DA4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 215
I loaded it in verbose mode and this is what it gave me.
"Still waiting for root device".
When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Make sure Fast Boot is not activated in your BIOS.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

Right, so I tried all ports and finally i got somewhere. I got to the language screen but no signal is coming from my mouse and keyboard. Apparently i need the usb inject all kext? But the only tutorials on using the kexts use a fully booted osx. How do i get the kext file on the usb?

But the only tutorials on using the kexts use a fully booted osx. How do i get the kext file on the usb?
How did you create your bootable installer?

I fixed the language screen problem, needed usbinjectall.kext. I had other problems so I copied my MacBook add to a hdd using carbon copy cloner then I used multibeast on my Mac to install the boot loader n drivers. it now boots up, loads the apple logo and then goes black after its loaded. I don't have a GPU, im using my onboard graphics card. what could this issue be?

I successfully installed Mojave on my build. I found a repository for my motherboard on GitHub. it turned out the vanilla build was the way to go about it. thanks for your help bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back